Save A Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only one person mentioned the good-old snorkel-keeper - one of the most versatile items ever invented. It's amazing what you can do with a few of them when you need to. I hear you can even use it to keep a snorkel....

With spring coming, I would like to build a "Save-A-Dive" kit with things that might save me from having to cancel that day's dive. . . . what realistically do you recommend to have available that has come in handy, glad you had more than one of, and/or something that kept you from a canceled day of diving?
I was getting ready to do just what Elena did - provide a list of previous threads - but she did it much better than I would have. So, take a look at the previous threads, to supplement what you learn here.

I have recently added a new wrench to my kit - small Vise-Grip channel lock pliers (Irwin Industries calls them 'GrooveLock). I have long carried an adjustable wrench, but saw someone using the Vise-Grip channel locks on a trip recently - I really like the multiple sets of teeth for adjustment and they are very thin.
-hh:
I ran into a minor hassle in Cayman two years ago because they prohibit all "small hand tools" in carry-on baggage...I was nabbed because of a small screw driver (#0 phillips) and a small adjustable open-end wrench in my UW Camera bag (carry-on).
In Curacao last Fall, I had to make a plea not to have my O-ring picks confiscated (I stupidly forgot that they were in my carry on - and they weren't picked up by scanning in Charlotte NC where I originated the trip). I ultimately was allowed to board the plane for Bonaire with the picks, but it was touch and go until the very last minute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom