"Save a Dive" kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, with all these extensive lists of all the stuff in your save a dive kit, how do you find room for all of it in the car (or suitcase)?
:hmmm:

So am I a bad diver if all my save-a-dive kit contains is a few o-rings, extra straps, snorkle keeper, mouthpieces, and zip ties as well as the first air kit and duct tape that always lives in my car? I'm thinking of adding extra batteries, a few tools and the plugs for the ports in my first stage, but not much more than that. I rely on checking my gear the night before I dive so I can run to the LDS if anything needs attention/replacing.

So, the question is: Is there anything wrong with keeping a simple and compact save-a-dive kit?

If you don't have at least two spare BCs in your save-a-dive kit, you're a bad, bad person.

Seriously though, just keep whatever you think (or experience tells you) would be helpful to have. A basic kit like yours sounds great, and there's certainly nothing wrong with it... lots of divers don't carry one at all, and are SOL if anything goes wrong with their gear. I carry my whole kit (except for the things in my first aid kit) in a small plastic toolbox, and it works out great... especially when diving with other people. If everyone has several important things, the odds are good someone will have whatever anyone needs.

mer once bubbled...
So am I a bad diver
Not as long as you have zipties and duct tape :D

Of course you would be a more comfortable mer with spare caths...

Unless you are a mer maid...

Chocolate, huh.... hmmm....

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the NUMBER ONE ABSOLUTLEY ESSENTIAL thing to have in your Save-a-dive kit... The hundred dollar bill.
Rick

First... some stuff I forgot when I put in my list:

Band Aids
triple antibiotic
medical tape
sun screen/lip balm
d-ring/weight keepers

-------------------------------------------------

I originally had stuff strewn about in different zip locks... o-rings, mask defogger, silicon grease, straps, bolt snaps, etc...

I broke the o-ring holding the bolt snap on my console. I couldn't find my damn spare o-rings so I had to borrow 'em from Raxafarian.

So I decided it was time to build a save-a-dive kit, and off to the hardware store I went. I grabbed a tackle box from the fishing area, went back to the tools section, looked... went back and grabbed a bigger tackle box, and went back to the tools and starting loading up :)

Mer -- I have a small tool box with fold out trays (similar to a fishing tackle box) that I use for my kit.......doesn't take up much room......

MSilvia once bubbled...
If you don't have at least two spare BCs in your save-a-dive kit, you're a bad, bad person.

I'll get right on that!! :froggy:
:eek:utahere:

Mer

Looks like this is the list so far:

spare mask strap
spare fin straps
o-rings
defogger
extra wt belt buckle
de-congestant
dramamine/bonine
hex wrench
box wrench
silicon grease
zip ties
protein bars
$20
bandaids
plug for primary reg
allen key
screwdriver
batteries
sparge reg mouthpiece
6" adjustable wrench
hp hose
LP inflator
reg hose
IP guage
duct tape
extra caths
spare reg
mini maglight
sknife straps
bolt snaps
yok to DIN adapter
lobster guage
#18 braided nylon
HID battery fuses
chem sticks
spare mask
spare 2nd stage
wingnuts
a quarter
pencil
pre-paid phne card
sharpie
lanyard slides
rubber mallet
gear manuals
1st aid kit
$100 bill
sunscreen

... did I miss anything? .........

pkatzman once bubbled...
Looks like this is the list so far:

... did I miss anything? .........

yeah... where's the sanity????? Good lord, you need a U-Haul for all that...

Back
Top Bottom