Savannah River Dive - N. Augusta S.C.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool - Not sure of the weekend plans yet. I'll keep an eye on this thead!

Smokin' and SC Hoaty, we are diving the river Saturday at 10a at the Riverview Park Boat ramp in N. Augusta. Checked the vis today and it still looks good. Give a shout if you would like to join us.

Have a wonderful time, Diveprof. The Mrs. has me scheduled to help prep for a party that night, so I'd better stay dry and out of trouble!

Please post a short note about how the dive goes. Where do you exit from a dive like this?

Where we start - the boat ramp. the current is usually not strong on the sides. Sometimes, it is even hard to tell if there is a current on the sides. We often dive over to the GA side, swim up river crossover a while cross over to the SC side and drift back to the boat ramp. Basically a rectangle.

Sounds fun! I hardly ever see boat traffic unless there is an event. Of course, I'm looking as I cross the bridges, so not a long sample period. Have a fun and safe dive!

Sounds like a fun dive! I only have half of my gear in right now and don't want to jump in with unfamiliar stuff. Next saturday is anniversary with the GF so I prob should stay dry:S But my dad and I are keeping Friday and possibly Sunday open. Chilly mornings but much less rain next week. We would love some company!

Another great day of diving in the river. Plenty of sun. 4 of us dove N. Augusta again. Vis was 15' and water temp is now 59 degrees (note: local divers need to think 7mm suit, hood and gloves this time of year). Lots of marine life. We saw several bass, cats, bream. Watched a large carp munching on his breakfast for a while and saw a bunch of turtles that were unafraid and actually a bit interested in what we were (actually they were probably seeing their reflections in our mask). 95 minute dive today. We are doing this again tomorrow at 1p. BTW Smokin', spoke to a diver that tried to dive the lake today -low vis still and water temp of 61. We will probably stay with the river next weekend. As it is shallow and there is minimal wetsuit compression, we stay a bit warmer there.

Thanks for the report! I'm shopping for a 7mm suit. Sounds like y'all had a good dive.

Yeah, thanx for the update! I won't be able to make it next saturday but I might join you on sunday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom