Saturday, April 30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh Jedi, that was you. I loved the umbrella idea, thought it was an excellent and resourceful. Very sorry to hear about the cheez whiz can. Not bad enough the divers feed the fish but to leave the can is just plain ignorant. I may have missed a few science classes in school but I can safely say I don't think they ever talked about cheez whiz and hot dogs as part of the food chain. Will try and be a little more sociable next time. I think we all need a flag or something with the Texas Swamp Diver on it so I can recognize people and they can recognize me. :wink:

The perchana were suprisingly docile, but one medium-large size bass was pretty vicious, as it attacked Firefyter's hand 3 times when we were diving the plane! The weather did get very nice for the afternoon, but it was freakin' COLD after our night dive! Today we're going to Tyler State Park, so I better get off the puter and head out. If anyone shows up out there, go to the left of the main swimming area. We'll probably be the only ones diving out there.

Foo

Foo,

How did the clean up go?

TxWingNut, today wasn't the cleanup day, that will be on Sat., May 14. I was doing some dives for my AOW. The water temp was around 70, and the vis was probably around 10' to 2', depending on how many were in the water and where you were. I did see a huge bass, at least 8-10 lb., not far from the shore entry. The brush pile had lots of fish, as did the grassy areas and the platform.

There were actually quite a few divers there this morning, as a dive group from Kilgore Scuba were there, too. The vis improved considerably on my last dive of the afternoon, as there were only a handful of peeps remaining when we finished.

The cleanup will be a snap, btw- I left the one candy wrapper that I saw so we would have something to clean. ;o)

Foo

Debraw, yall should have just joined us, there were lots of training dives going on with our group anyway. I wondered where you were, you could have warmed yourself by the smoker/bbq pit anyway! It WAS really pretty miserable around 9 am because the wind was so harsh, but it was much better in the afternoon.

Foo

Back
Top Bottom