Saturday 7/26 shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
Four of us will be diving from the pier parking lot at the end of Commercial Blvd. here in Ft. Lauderdale. Meet at 8AM and dive-dive-dive by 8:30AM.

I drive a white Jeep Liberty and place my dive flat on the roof as soon as I arrive.

Hope to see you there!

Aw geesh, Mike make it 1pm, and I will cancel the trip to Dania and join you. I can't make it in the morning because of the *blank* math test...

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
Aw geesh, Mike make it 1pm, and I will cancel the trip to Dania and join you. I can't make it in the morning because of the *blank* math test...
;-0 Aw, Jen, its all set. We're diving with a couple from out of town and they're driving down from another area code for the weekend. Good luck on the test, tho, brainiac!

me no thinks so! I just got stuck in this class and am fighting it all the way! RRRRRGGGGHHH!

Oh, BTW, congrats on becoming a member with your last post! hee
Wish I could dive as much as I post!

Hmm I might be able to make it at like 1 if I can get to the dive shop and rent me some tanks. Leave me a message on here or email me at amelo1999@yahoo.com if you'd like to set something up. I check the boards quite often.

Well, as any SE Florida diver knows the wind was up this morning (and last night) and the sea was all churned up.

We jumped off from whatever that street is just south of Commercial Blvd. and had a little trouble in the surf - not surf by any "normal" day in the rest of the States but here we're used to the kind of ripples you might get on a big lake most of the time. "Breakers" (relatively speaking, remember) knocked one of us down and ripped both of our dive flags off.

Eventually we made it out and of course visibility on the "false" first reef was pretty bad. In fact, all the algie was silted and few fish were in sight... it looked like winter snow.

The middle of the first reef was a little better and of course the honeycombs were clear of silt. Lotsa the usual, but nothing special. The last of the first reef was only marginally more diveable. Still, a bad dive is better than a good day topside!

We got our butts kicked on the way back in, showered and cleaned our gear, and licked our wounds before heading to Dirty Harry's for a couple of $5.95/pound crab legs and steak sandwiches. The beer was cccold enough, and I helped Coleen finish her second pound of legs.

David & Coleen, Marvel and I really enjoyed the dive and lunch - let's not wait too long for the next time.

Hey Mike, I think we may be doing Dania Beach tomorrow weather permitting.

amelo1999 once bubbled...
Hey Mike, I think we may be doing Dania Beach tomorrow weather permitting.
It looks like it's settling down now, Amelo. We're boat diving in the morning but I'll check this board when we get home to see if you're going out in the afternoon. Where do you dive in Dania?

the erojacks. jenny and kbeck are probably in too

wont be there sat, but stoppin by there sunday after ocean for a little quickie! ill be there from 2-5pm prolly. black mustang gt or a jimmy. we'll be spearing if anyones into that...i gotsta eat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom