Saturday, 6/22 at the Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope to see everyone there!

Hey,

How do I get to twin lakes from I-10/hwy 6. I didn't see a map on TL's website and I got an error when I emailed them could some one post or PM me the address or dir.

GD

I got to get some more diving in to get ready for my free dive trip to Mexico I won at SEASPACE 2002

The easiest way to tell you is:

About 2 mi. East (or South) on 6 from the 288/6 intersection.

(EDIT)
Apparently you need to go South on 6. It will be on your right after you pass 288.

Please verify that with a map, cuz I'd hate being responsible for someone taking one of my patented 2 hr Houston trips :wink:

Jeff

Searching the board might yield a detailed trip report, but basically:

platform (s?) and sunken "stuff"
fish
60' max depth (?)
10-15' max vis
3" vis after a rain (that is inches :) )
$12 entry fee
adjacent to a trailer park
no air (yet)
Noticeable thermocline (and its a doozy!)

Jeff

Wednessday`s condition wasn`t the best.The lake had a 2"rain that killed the viz along with a strong s.e. wind.But along the west to north shore it was a lot better.If you want to enter by Mike`s house he`ll let you(east end)but the climb out there is tough but you can follow the sides back to the west dock and get out there.It`s a nice tour anyway.Hopefully the viz will get better by Sat.One of us will haul you and your gear down there if you want to access there.
From I.H.10 & 6:Go south on 6 all the way.when you go under 288,the lake is on the right approx. 2mi.
Sign out front:Twin Lakes RV Resort and Scubapark.Go between the lakes and you won`t miss us!:)

Thanks to all for the dir I think I can find it now,

I got my tanks in the truck and will get'em filled tonight. Looking fwd to meeting everyone and getting wet Vis or no Vis. I can practice on my nav skills and I can't wait to try out my new reg.

GD

To all the Swampers,

I had alot of fun and it was good to meet everyone. Hopefully I can hook up with yall again in the near future. Twin Lakes looks like it can be alot of fun, lots to see and do underwater and the locals are good people.

Have a good week
GD

I also had a great time and is good to see so many people sharing something they love. We missed ya Dee, hope ya like the book.BTW, never let Beast salt yer watermelon.:yuck:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom