Sattaheep dive outfits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sort of maybe looks like it's about to pick up at some stage sometime soon or something....
:hehheh:

Glad to hear it, Pattaya very short on tourists at the moment, many people (not only dive shops) are complaining business is poor.
I know it's coming into the low season, but personally I have never seen it so quiet around here.

Glad to hear it, Pattaya very short on tourists at the moment, many people (not only dive shops) are complaining business is poor.
I know it's coming into the low season, but personally I have never seen it so quiet around here.

My "business" has got nothing to do with tourists or divers whatsoever. That's right now quite fortunate because Phuket is currently extremely dead. The only people making big bucks on the island now are the loan-sharks and even they got a hard time getting their money (with interest) back....

I hear simular reports from the west coast. Last year's airport fiasco...coupled with the new tourist visa issues seems to be taking a drastic toll.....

I hear simular reports from the west coast. Last year's airport fiasco...coupled with the new tourist visa issues seems to be taking a drastic toll.....

May and June have always been bad months but this year it really is very-very-very bad....

Combination of many things I think. Seems to be same all over Thailand, spent a lot of time in Koh Chang the last couple of months and apart from thai bank holidays, it's absolutely dead, empty bars retsaurants and hotels.
World economic problems.
Rapidly increasing costs in Thailand.
Expensive air fares.
crap exchange rates.
Political unrest.
No doubt you heard it all before.

What tourist visa issues are you talking about. They had a promotion to waive the fee on tourist visa's. I am over here on one right now and paid nothing for it.

Oh, maybe your referring to the tourist visa issues for those of you that work in the dive business without a proper work visa.

John

What tourist visa issues are you talking about. They had a promotion to waive the fee on tourist visa's. I am over here on one right now and paid nothing for it.

Oh, maybe your referring to the tourist visa issues for those of you that work in the dive business without a proper work visa.

John

There's lots of them about. Cant even be bothered to get a proper 60 day tourist visa, just working on the standard 30 day stamp recieved on entry to Thailand.
Maybe the issue is that once the initial 30 days are up, they have to leave the country every 15 days now instead of every 30.

There's lots of them about. Cant even be bothered to get a proper 60 day tourist visa, just working on the standard 30 day stamp recieved on entry to Thailand.
Maybe the issue is that once the initial 30 days are up, they have to leave the country every 15 days now instead of every 30.

Yes at first I thought the poster raised it because of the lack of tourist but that cannot be the reason since they have been waiving the fee. So I guess he was more internalizing it to a problem for the westerners that skirt the immigration laws of Thailand. Shame on the Thai Government for having an immigration and visa policy the makes it difficult for people working illegally in the country maybe they should loosen it up like the policy used by US Immigration. :)

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom