Sattaheep dive outfits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seminomadic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I'm looking to do one day of diving in Sattaheep (near Pattaya). Can anyone recommend a dive shop? Google has nothing.

..Sattaheep because I'd like to avoid the mess that is Pattaya/Jomtien, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know any dive centres that are based there but Seaduction Dive Centre normally runs there boat out of there. Mermaids run a boat out of Sattahip too. Both are based in Pattaya.

Be careful as the winds are rolling in from the south at the moment and it could be a bit choppy :)

http://www.seaductiondiving.com/

Call Mr Pichit at 081-816-5361. he speaks perfect English and has his own very nice and clean boat with excellent Thai food. He trains the course directors here in Thailand and always has lots of dive master with him. He is the trainer for the Thai boxing team also...stayed in the olympic village last year which is kinda cool. He also has a Phd in something related to sports. Should be 1500 for two dives and lunch.

You can also email him at marlindivers@yahoo.com

No worries, PM if you want to go wreck diving. Will be going with my Course Director finishing off an instructor specialty.

Hello,
I'm looking to do one day of diving in Sattaheep (near Pattaya). Can anyone recommend a dive shop? Google has nothing.

..Sattaheep because I'd like to avoid the mess that is Pattaya/Jomtien, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

That's because its a small fishing village. Most of the dive shops in Pattaya organize a regular trip if they have enough interested customers. There is really only one wreck to dive there but its worthwhile to see if you have never been. I think its at about 100ft or maybe slightly more so its a deep dive. Additionally, you need to be comfortable in currents as this dive generally starts or ends in a current.

Depending upon your reason why you think Jomtien/Pattaya is a mess I think you will find going to this location more of a hassle. Diving out of Pattaya is quite easy. Meet at dock, get on boat, relax for 1 1/2 ride to dive site, dive, eat lunch, dive, relax for 1 1/2 ride back to dock, get off boat and go to hotel. Depending upon who you use they even transport you to and from the dock.

If your going to be there between May 1st and June 24th let me know and maybe I can come along with you.

John

Actually there are two different wrecks. Yes it is difficult to get to if you don't have a ride or a private car.

JD

Actually there are two different wrecks. Yes it is difficult to get to if you don't have a ride or a private car.

JD

I guess with not living in Thailand I missed the other one. What is it? Depth and condition? Who goes to it? I might decide to take a trip to it when I come over in May.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom