(SATIRE) Local Diver Found Dead - Foul Play is Suspected

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
The Kraken has editted the title to make it obviously a joke. My intention wasn't to disgust anyone, sorry. Just poking back at PHD for poking in the first place. :wink: No need to be serious all the time.

I sincerely hope that you take your diving seriously. It would be a shame if someone posted an incident with your name on it.

I don't know what carries more humor. The story itself or the people that got thier panties in a wad over it...

ok ok ok Don't even know these people but it was funny...

Those with a wad... V A L I U M might help...

bruce119:
It sure fooled me "Local Diver Found Dead" You can understand how it could be a disturbing title.

Glade to hear it's just a joke. I know I'm not in the loop and didn't get it.

But "Local Diver Found Dead" does not sound funny to me.

Glade too hear all is OK

Be Safe
Bruce

The title was fixed this morning, less we need to remind everyone the meaning of the term "satire", this shouldn't be a problem at this point!

garyfotodiver:
I sincerely hope that you take your diving seriously. It would be a shame if someone posted an incident with your name on it.

I dive for fun. I made this thread for fun. I made the mistake of not putting a disclaimer on it thinking the threads contents would be obvious enough, but thats since been fixed.

I follow the rules and I dive safely, ask around, chances are, you've dived with someone I've dived with if you dive with lots of Conchers. Doesn't mean I have to be a sourpuss.

When it quits being fun, I won't do it anymore.

garyfotodiver:
I dive with him and, even though I'm rarely serious, I have come back alive each time (so far). You could do much worse for a buddy so make sure you do your research before making insinuations like these. NUFF SAID.

Time to have fun roasting PHD some more!!!!!

Suprbugman is the best solo buddy I've ever had.

Thanks Matt!

So, photohikedive isn't really dead?

PerroneFord:
Suprbugman is the best solo buddy I've ever had.

Thanks Matt!

So, photohikedive isn't really dead?

could you forward the post to my work? maybe I could call in dead for tomorrow, then show up monday I could say it was all so convincing, that even I believed the posting.

SuPrBuGmAn:
The title was fixed this morning, less we need to remind everyone the meaning of the term "satire", this shouldn't be a problem at this point!

SATIRE, n. An obsolete kind of literary composition in which the vices and follies of the author's enemies were expounded with imperfect tenderness. In this country satire never had more than a sickly and uncertain existence, for the soul of it is wit, wherein we are dolefully deficient, the humor that we mistake for it, like all humor, being tolerant and sympathetic. Moreover, although Americans are "endowed by their Creator" with abundant vice and folly, it is not generally known that these are reprehensible qualities, wherefore the satirist is popularly regarded as a soul-spirited knave, and his ever victim's outcry for codefendants evokes a national assent. Hail Satire! be thy praises ever sung In the dead language of a mummy's tongue, For thou thyself art dead, and damned as well -- Thy spirit (usefully employed) in Hell. Had it been such as consecrates the Bible Thou hadst not perished by the law of libel. Barney Stims. Source: Devil's Dictionary.

Sorry guys I'm new and not smart had to look up "Satire" hell I don't know what half the words up there mean either.

"(prediction) Tragedy Strikes Panhandle Dive Community"
Hermit crabs sure is funny I get it now

Bruce

PHD, I don't even know you and I didn't fall for this "you died" stuff.

(Disclaimer: for those who are joke challenged, I do know him. This is known as a joke because I speak something that many folks know not to be true. This evokes laughter in the people who "get it".)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom