Sat. 8/13 CSSP-night diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will do a dusk dive and night dive....I am not camping but I think UndrWatrDan is camping out that night.

ReefHound:
Do they let you leave and come back in the same day without another fee?

I have no idea, you'd just have to ask them at the gate....

ReefHound:
I figure you'll be out there during the day. What about a night dive for you and Peyton?

I'd like to, but it's still iffy whether I get to come out at all....she won't for sure, she has a singing at church she has to be at.......

ReefHound:
Do they let you leave and come back in the same day without another fee?
They've started giving color-coded paper tickets that you hang on your rear view mirror, to identify yourself as paid. Surely people drive to the convenience store, etc., and come back to the park without having to pay another fee. Especially if they're camping. I guess the best way to find out is to call.

ReefHound:
I'm just trying to figure out whether I want to camp out in August or get a room.
No contest. Get a room. :14:

Foo

UndrWatrDan:
Jarrett,
We'd be glad to have you join us. I'll be driving a tan chevy cavalier with a texas dive sticker in the back window. Look for the Diving Rebels banner that will be hanging somewhere near us.

Great thanks. I have to warn you though, we are newbies of the highest order. Just certified and this is our first dive. I would understand if y'all would rather us get a few dives under our belt before jumping in with the regulars.

At this point we are shooting for Sunday afternoon, but if we get our equipment purchase wrapped up soon enough and some pool time to get aquainted with it, we might sneak out there in the evening Saturday as well. Or is there a shallow area out there where we could test our new stuff instead of going to a pool?

I don't think we are ready for a night dive at this point, but would love to jump in with some folks during the day if anyone would willing to put up with a couple new folks.

Jarrett:
At this point we are shooting for Sunday afternoon, but if we get our equipment purchase wrapped up soon enough and some pool time to get aquainted with it, we might sneak out there in the evening Saturday as well. Or is there a shallow area out there where we could test our new stuff instead of going to a pool?

You don't need a pool or a lake to begin getting familiar with your equipment. Gear up in your living room, take it all off, and then repeat over and over. You could even rent a tank and practice hooking up your reg and BC. Stow and remove things in your BC pockets, latch and unlatch things, tighten and loosen your BC straps, etc. Practice it with your eyes closed.

Jarrett:
Great thanks. I have to warn you though, we are newbies of the highest order. Just certified and this is our first dive. I would understand if y'all would rather us get a few dives under our belt before jumping in with the regulars.

I don't think we are ready for a night dive at this point, but would love to jump in with some folks during the day if anyone would willing to put up with a couple new folks.

Jarrett,
We were all new divers at one time or another. As a divemaster, I have dove with many new divers and it doesn't bother me at all. If you can't make it out on Saturday, a bunch of us will also be out there next Sunday for a Divers Day Out. Come join us Saturday, come join us Sunday, or the following Sunday or heck all of those!

Reefhound is right, you don't have to have a pool or a lake, you can practice putting your stuff together in the living room where you can become comfortable with how it goes together.

UndrWatrDan:
Jarrett,
We were all new divers at one time or another. As a divemaster, I have dove with many new divers and it doesn't bother me at all. If you can't make it out on Saturday, a bunch of us will also be out there next Sunday for a Divers Day Out. Come join us Saturday, come join us Sunday, or the following Sunday or heck all of those!

Reefhound is right, you don't have to have a pool or a lake, you can practice putting your stuff together in the living room where you can become comfortable with how it goes together.

Jarrett..... I second Danny's comments,,,would love having you 3 anytime!

Absolutely, Jarrett! I agree with everything that has been said. We would be more than happy to dive with you guys anytime! :)

Jarrett:
I would understand if y'all would rather us get a few dives under our belt before jumping in with the regulars.

I'm confused...how do you get a few dives under your belt without diving with the regulars? Seems like diving with the regulars is the best way to get some dives under your belt. :D

Hope to see y'all soon, I don't mind a bit diving with new divers. My step-daughter is set to do her OW check-out the weekend of the 27th at CSSP. You're ahead of her.

As has been said, all of us were new divers at one time or another. How do you think everyone else got some dives under their belt... :wink:

I "repeat" what the guys stated... we've all been there once, and we all started somewhere....
I'm hoping to get out there either Sat. or Sun. to try out a new BCD myself.. I'd LOVE to dive with ya'll!!

Back
Top Bottom