Sat. 8/13 CSSP-night diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Would anyone be interested in a bit of evening/night diving at CSSP Sat.. I was thinking of getting out there in the early evening for a few dives. ??? I would park on the left side, and I drive a lt. blue 94' Taurus.

Allen,
I and several of the club members will be out at CSSP on Saturday. We'll be around on the right side under the trees where we usually are. I plan on getting there early on Saturday and may camp Saturday night. Jill's going out of town so I'm in no hurry to get home. I'll do a night dive.

Wish I could, but I'll be working Saturday night. Might could do it the next Saturday, however...

My daughter and I are planning on being there Sunday granted we get to buy our equipment on Saturday. Heck, we may be out there late Saturday as well :) Could we dive with y'all?

Jarrett:
My daughter and I are planning on being there Sunday granted we get to buy our equipment on Saturday. Heck, we may be out there late Saturday as well :) Could we dive with y'all?

Jarrett,
We'd be glad to have you join us. I'll be driving a tan chevy cavalier with a texas dive sticker in the back window. Look for the Diving Rebels banner that will be hanging somewhere near us.

texdiveguy:
Would anyone be interested in a bit of evening/night diving at CSSP Sat.. I was thinking of getting out there in the early evening for a few dives.???

Do you have to be camping there to do a night dive? It mentions park closes at dark.

Are you planning a few evening dives and then a night dive or just the night dives?

ReefHound:
Do you have to be camping there to do a night dive? It mentions park closes at dark.

Are you planning a few evening dives and then a night dive or just the night dives?

We've been out there well after dark several times. They say they lock the gates around 10pm, but I've left as late as 10:30 and the gates were still open. If there are people camping in the park, I don't think they actually lock the gate.

UndrWatrDan:
If there are people camping in the park, I don't think they actually lock the gate.

They do now.....they've installed an exit gate with the one-way spikes just to the west of the main entrance. In other words, you can leave, but you can't get back in.

Firefyter:
They do now.....they've installed an exit gate with the one-way spikes just to the west of the main entrance. In other words, you can leave, but you can't get back in.

Do they let you leave and come back in the same day without another fee?

I would love to make a trip up there this weekend and get in a night dive or two. I'm just trying to figure out whether I want to camp out in August or get a room.

I figure you'll be out there during the day. What about a night dive for you and Peyton?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom