SASY-please only post if you have exp with product

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my son and his cousin to the LDS and they tried Scuba via using the SASY. Neat little units, but they are rather restrictive. I have been looking off and on for one fiquring at least I could surface swim with my son if he had one. Only draw back is tank size, 19CF doesnt go to far....

They are about $550-$600 new. Leisure Pro sells them new.

I had one for my kids. They enjoyed it, got their use out of it and it was fun. Probably for a kid 6 to 9 it is worthwhile. I traded mine in to a local dive shop after the kids outgrew it.

If you decide to purchase, go for a used one, ours was like brand new when we got rid of it.

This may be too little too late, but the one I use in my operation is what's called a S.E.A system.
It will fit me (6'3" 250#) and the average 5yr old. It is a front mounted system, so the tank is not sticking out of the water as the user swims. It will hold tanks from 6cu' to 27cu'.

Anyone intrested in more information can contact me and I will get you some pics of it in use and answer any other questions you may have.

Just joined this board. Our 6 y/o daughter tried a rental SASY in Bonaire last summer and loved it. After that we rented the unit for $$ for a week and a half. I have no doubt she'll want to use it each day we dive so I'm looking to buy one to use until she's 10.

So...looking for unit for sale.

randl

You may also want to look up your local PADI Seal Team. Kids can start at 8yr old. All diving is confined to pool. First 5 "Aquamissions" teach scuba basics, the rest are adventure Aquamissions, night dive (turn out the lights in the pool), Wreck Dive (build a boat underwater shaped from PVC Pipe, etc. Let me know if you would some info on Seal Team as well.

I do have used and new Units. Let me know where to send info and pics.

Back
Top Bottom