SAR Swimmer - Help with gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pappa delta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am not a total newb. I did search the site for Jet Fins and Rocket Fins.
I had 20 plus pages of matches.:shocked2:

So to ask a direct question, that may have been asked before.

I need to train and must use the equipment we "fight" with. I understand that Jet Fins and Rocket Fins are designed to be used with a thick soled boot. However, my pool will not allow me use my boots in the pool.

So can I wear a thick wool sock or two or should I get a swim boot?

I wear an 11 in boots and shoes so what size should I get?

Respectfully,

PappaD

Try wearing some Converse All-Stars. They have non-marking soles and will approximate the boots.

Thank you for the idea, but I will not be allowed to enter the pool with shoes/boots or other street wear.

Thank you.
Is there a decent bootie?
Our basic wear will be a jump suit or Dry Suit from Mustang. So when in the water we will be wearing boots.

Will the bootie and sock take up the foot pocket in the Rocket or Jet fin?

Thank you for the idea, but I will not be allowed to enter the pool with shoes/boots or other street wear.

are you sure they are not referring to footwear that is ALSO worn outside?

Most pools I know of would allow footwear that has a dedicated indoor purpose.

Thank you.
Is there a decent bootie?
Our basic wear will be a jump suit or Dry Suit from Mustang. So when in the water we will be wearing boots.

Will the bootie and sock take up the foot pocket in the Rocket or Jet fin?

I honestly can't say, I guess that is something that you'd have to try on at your local dive store. My LDS rents wetsuit boots to be worn with dry suits, but they generally only rent Hollis F1's (fin) so I couldn't say for certain in your case. Hope that helps..

The pool is pretty strict. I think the only reason they let me wear cotton socks with my other fins is because they now why I am training.

My other fins are inexpensive and do not fit well. They work, but not for my current purposes.

If you can wear swim boots I would do that, if not you can try neoprene socks. Other than that you may want to use full foot fins for training then.

Back
Top Bottom