Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just could not pass up the deal. Three nights including air from Syracuse, NY $449.00. The resort looks just okay- lots of deferred maintenance and below average service but at that price who cares. I will be diving for two days with Chris Sawyer out of Red Hook. Anybody been to the resort?

I have not been to that resort....we stayed at the Rennaisance Resort. But I did dive with the Sawyer group and they were pretty good.

Ask them to take you where all the trench and swim throughs are...they are fun. Also, just a 10 minute walk or less from Sawyers shop is a place called Coki beach. It is a shore dive that isnt bad either. You could do a morning dive off the boat...come back and do a shore dive too.

I wouldnt recommend renting a car on St T unless you have a death wish. It is a bear to drive on. Catch the ferry to St. John and rent a car and drive around there. 90% of St. J is a national park so getting around the island is easy and safe. Plus there are loads of beaches you can stop at. Just get a car you can lock up if you plan to leave anythning in it.

Thanks for the advice. I plan to dive in the morning and spend the afternoons in St. John. Did you rent in St. John or rent in St. Thomas and take the ferry over? What company did you use in St. John?

Back
Top Bottom