Santi 400g or DUI 450 Flex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am lucky enough to be a crash test dummy for the up and coming heated suit, mostly cause they know i yap on threads like this, and other than being friends with Susan and Dick Long on Facebook, that is the extent of my association, i do not work for them or anything like that if that is what you are implying. I pay $$$$$ for my drysuits and undergarments, just like everyone else.

Laura,

Could you clarify your relationship with DUI for those of us that aren't certain.

Thanks

Hi Nick,

I was also curious about your question that Laura answered above and thought I would add one part. Since your question came after her mention about being in the water a long time recently, the reason she was in the water so much this past weekend was because she was my video operator for a GUE fundamentals course that required that we spend about 7 hours in the water during Saturday and Sunday. For this she received nothing except maybe a bit of hypothermia, and the grateful thanks of Fundamental students, one GUE instructor and several support staff :) One very nice lady did bring us home made brownies but I managed to steal most of them.....

Best,
Guy Shockey
GUE Instructor

So does the Santi also have a carboard feel for the first dives, does it need to get broken into like the DUI 450FX?

So does the Santi also have a carboard feel for the first dives, does it need to get broken into like the DUI 450FX?

My Santi is pretty stiff ... although to be fair the folks I know who use them tell me they loosen up after you've worn them a while. I also had to add six lbs of lead over what I normally wear with my Weezle Extreme.

That's why it's sitting in the closet. I'll admit I was warm as toast in 47 degree water with it ... but I didn't particularly care for the trade-offs ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Better on gas, faster on the trigger :wink:

DEUCES!!

oh you're a real sonofabitch
i was better saturday. AND faster...sometimes

I HATE when you're faster than me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom