Sanity check on a set of OMS LP131 doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Billy Northrup

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Moved to warm water from cold water and my double 100's are way top heavy and routinely get under filled.

Found a set of OMS LP131, huge tanks but my deco dives are edging up slowly and I can get an honest fill. They look heavy out of the water but seem pretty decent in the water. I'm 6'1 230 so I like the longer tanks.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks

I’ve backmounted 121’s...out of nessecity, but I’m not interested in doing that regularly. But if you don’t mind the weight, go for it. Big doubles are the reason I bought a rebreather...

My biggest set of OC doubles now are 72’s. But I still have my 120’s and 121’s for sidemount.

I love my HP120’s and my LP50’s. If you like them and it’s safe, go for it!!! It’s your dive, do what you enjoy.

I am also taller and large. I recently upgraded from double LP95s to LP108s. They serve actually more comfortable and trim out better than the 95s. And w an 8" diameter, you don't gain any noticeable drag.

Biggest issue I see diving large tanks is when most of my buddies are in double 85s You end up at a disadvantage when volume matching to calculate turn pressure.

Biggest issue I see diving large tanks is when most of my buddies are in double 85s You end up at a disadvantage when volume matching to calculate turn pressure

Biggest issue I see is lugging those beasts to the damn water. Not so bad on a boat...but when you have to walk 100yds??? That can be fun after a 2 hour dive...walking back.

I dive l.p. 108s their 130lbs for the entire rig I've known people to dive with 131s as long as you can handle it out of water go for it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom