Sandollar Scuba Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ga Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dove in Coz back in December with Sandollar Sports. They were a pretty good dive shop I thought, and Jerry Garcia (YES) was really a good DM. I was wondering if anyone else had used them and what they thought of their service. I see all the other names, but was interested in how Sandollar compares to some of the others?

A friend of mine used Sandollar Sports on his last trip to Mexico. We just watched his video, and it was great. He really enjoyed his trip, had a great time. I couldn't really tell ya how they compare to other organizations, but I know that we will use them on our Mexico trips.

Kayla

Ga Diver:
I dove in Coz back in December with Sandollar Sports. They were a pretty good dive shop I thought, and Jerry Garcia (YES) was really a good DM. I was wondering if anyone else had used them and what they thought of their service. I see all the other names, but was interested in how Sandollar compares to some of the others?

A Jerry sighting! I can just see the entries on The Well - Uncle Jerry is alive and working as a dive master on Cozumel!

I need a miracle every day...

During my first trip to Cozumel, I used Sand Dollar and for the first couple of days, Jerry was our DM. Being that is was my first time drift diving and going deeper than I had before, I paired up with him and everything went fine. He's a great DM in my opinion.

As for Sand Dollar, they were fine also. The lady at the desk was very pregnant at the time and had to be uncomfortable due to the heat and all the nagging customers yet she always greeted everyone with a smile. The guy that did our video's, Rene' I think, did an excellent job. When ever I get "Coz sick", I pop it in the VCR and my symptoms ease a little.

My only complaint was on the night dive. The boat was over crowded IMO but at least they did had enough DM's so that the groups were small.

If we went back to the Reef Club, I would use them, no problem.

Scott101:
During my first trip to Cozumel, I used Sand Dollar
I've been to Cozumel quite a few times. Here is my list of DO's
Dive Paradise (twice).On time, safe. I would recommend for beginners. The DM were very attentive and tried to make sure everyone had a good time.
The DO at Iberostar: Way too cautious. They treated everyone like it was their first pool dive. Midway through the week they did lighten up. I didn't feel the DM's had the same experience level with the area as the other operations.
Aqua safari: Very nice operation out of the Plaza Las Glorias. Only two days with these folks but I felt comfortable and safe.
Pepe's out of Coral Princess: Wonderful! Fast boats. The DM's went to great lengths to lead us to sights and critters. My wife and I both enjoyed our time with either of the DM's they sent with us. It is a small operation with personal service.
Sand Dollar: Four days of diving each worst than the last. Won't do that again. Inattentive DM's. Back to same area twice. DM's Buddy low on air, DM 60 ft away. Overall a very poor experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom