Sand dumped at Chogogo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently dove 2 dives at the Bari Reef area, headed north in front of Den Lamen and Sand Dollar Condo.'s, then to the south, the Front Porch site, to that boat wreck in about 90 feet of water and back. The latter route, to me recollection, was already sandier/patchier as one headed south, compared to the former route. If anything's changed I don't think it was extreme. I knew people on the forum had been asking about the sand issue, so I snapped a few photos. You can see a pile of sand by my dive truck, parked near Den Lamen.
IMG_8386.jpeg

IMG_8392.jpeg

IMG_8394.jpeg

Thanks @drrich2

Didn't know you were back on Bonaire. Have a great trip, look forward to reading all about in in your report.

Appreciate the photos. Looks like the "beach" is pretty well contained. I have dived Front Porch on and off since 2004, including on our last visit Oct/Nov 2021. I don't think the dive has changed significantly, maybe a bit more sparse in the shallows on the way back to Bari.

Further to these issues, plans for a park at the Bari parking lot are reportedly ready to move forward. Bonaire to get all new waterfront park -
The idea of a park generally sounds good. It could replace the dirty, dusty or mudhole property with a nice buffer between Den Laman and Chogogo. I'm not sure I think highly of a boat launch. I assume this will still be the Bari Reef access site for divers not staying at Den Laman or Sand Dollar.

We'll see...

It's a relief to see that there's at least not a plan to shoehorn another building in there. This presumably means more humans on Bari. Boat launch seems dicey--divers thinking about getting out and Whaler skippers thinking about getting a boat off a trailer seems like a dicey combination.

Back
Top Bottom