Sand Dollar Resort, Bonaire....equipment rental question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I am a new PADI student diver. About to do my OW in Bonaire. Will be staying with a group for 1 week , in Sand Dollar Resort near Kralendjik, in June.

Do they rent BCD and Regulator? If so anyone know what the rates are?

I am tempted to buy from CL... used though! LOL
Thx..kris:D

Rent from Dive Friends
Conveniently located next door to the reception office of Sand Dollar Condominiums.
They rent ScubaPro gear. Weren't you looking for a computer also? If you wanted to try out the SubGear XP-10 - that's the place. Dive Friends Bonaire, providing diving, equipment on Bonaire in the Dutch Caribbean - Rental Gear Rates

The other advantage for shore diving with them is you can exchange tanks at any of their 5 locations. The one at Port Bonaire is good for all the south sites - Port Bonaire is just off the airport. Since they're the new in-house operator for Sand Dollar, they likely have even better rates for guests so mention it if you contact them directly.

Wow dive frIends says 13 usd per day for bcd or regulator respectively.

So for a week looks like I'm better off buying new or used.
If only i can confirm that a used Deal is good quality.
Thanks.

How about the dive shop you are taking classes and the trip with? They may well offer you a deal....free maybe??

I have an Oceanic Excursion size large that has been well cared for with about 50 dives on it. PM me if interested.

Sometimes a set of equipment for a week will have a better package price with some dive shops.

If you consider used, are you going to get the reg. serviced before you dive it? If so, factor that cost in. And likely you'll have no warranty with it. I'm not dissing used gear purchases, but go into it with your eyes wide open.

Richard.

Sometimes a set of equipment for a week will have a better package price with some dive shops.

If you consider used, are you going to get the reg. serviced before you dive it? If so, factor that cost in. And likely you'll have no warranty with it. I'm not dissing used gear purchases, but go into it with your eyes wide open.

Richard.

Thanks. ... figured diving once a year isn't worth buying and servicing a reg can range from 50-100 usd. Might as well rent as needed. Yeah my lds says $50 per week for bcd and reg each for rental for Bonaire. Thx much.

Back
Top Bottom