Sand Dog 2010 Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Simmonbeans lights up the reef:

IMG_0708_edited-1.jpg

Lots and lots of big turtles:

IMG_0653_edited-1.jpg

Famous DIR people join us:

IMG_1011_edited-1.jpg

Lots of big friendly sharks of all sorts:

IMG_1066_edited-1.jpg

And groupers as big as a Smart Car:

IMG_1069_edited-1.jpg

Reefs:

IMG_0770_edited-1.jpg

Wrecks:

IMG_0772.jpg

Spiegal with Emilio Largo:

IMG_1100_edited-1.jpg

And best of all me, Nemrod:

IMG_1108_edited-1.jpg

N

One of these days, man, one of these days I'll make it!

Nice shots N. It was a good time and next year is going to be out of this world. Duckbill, start saving your pennies for 2011. I had to laugh at the comments made by the "DIR" guy (our DM actually).....he was astounded that we could actually hover and maintain neutral buoyancy.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with Sand Dog, it is an annual gathering of vintage divers from the Vintage Double hose board. Each year around early April we gather somewhere to dive the old gear and to see old friends....and to make new ones.

It was great to see everyone again and meet a few vintage divers for the first time.

A few more.

IMG_0774_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0698_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0775_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0635_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0696_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0794_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0799_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0894_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0991_edited-2.jpg

IMG_0927_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0761_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1080_edited-1.jpg

All photos shot with Inon wide angles lenses, 2XD2000 Inon strobes, Canon S90 in FIX90 housing.

N

These are great photos, thanks so much Nemrod.

I would have loved to be there. Sounds like next year will be the ultimate.

Hope the economy turns! I had better start collecting old cans & copper wire now.

Can't wait!!! :D

Amazing pictures. As a newbie diver these are really inspirational. Something to aim for. Absolutely love the first turtle one.

The turtles where everywhere, big ones and little ones. I don't chase them or bother them, he swam right up to me so I took his pic. He was a nice fellow and then cruised on off down the reef.

N

Here in Cali-stupid-fornia you can stand your ground and still be harassed about "harassment" of sea otters. I saw a couple divers yelled at for being surfaced near a buoy when an otter wanted to use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom