Sanctuary - 1/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What did Sanctuary call the site where you did your second dive? Linda and I were on the small
white boat that was there when you got there.

Chuck

They called it Step Mother. What is your name for it?

BTW - Thanks for your web site! it is DA Bomb!!

I talked briefly with Matt at K Dock the next morning and he described "Step Mother" as a series of descending terraces. It sounded really interesting, but I got distracted and didn't ask him where it was? Can you give a location for it?

Chuck, it was nice meeting you at Aquarius.

Jeff

A single Google hit finds Clinton Bauder's site with a location for Black Dog Ridge somewhere around Cypress Point. He mentions Chuck told him that a spot just west of "Locals Ledge" is near Black Dog Ridge. Is that roughly the location?

I call the site Black Dog Ridge. It can't be dived very often, and to my knowledge, my boat is the
only one that had ever dived it. But that Step Mother name doesn't seem to fit the topography,
IIRC.

Chuck, Step Mother is the same spot as Black Dog Ridge. Mike called it that due to the harsh nature of the area and how it can be extremely nice dive but also, very harsh site. Additionally based on the sonar as we go past it, there seemed to be some steps or distinguished plateaus. I have probably 6 or 8 dives at that site off the Sanctuary.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom