San Salvador/Columbus Isle Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smokey braden:
roatanman,
please, what is a go?
regards,

Smoker, you had me ther for a second... "what's a go ?" Hmmmmm.

Oh, you mean "what's a GO ?" (Note the capital letters!)

GO Gaia Online (online game)
GO Game Over
GO Gamma Omicron
GO Gary Oak (Pokémon)
GO Gen (assembly language ASM51 assembler control)
GO Gene Ontology
GO General Obligation
GO General Observer
GO General Officer
GO General Order(s)
GO Gentil Organisateur (Club Med host/hostess)
GO Geometrical Optics
GO Gesamtoeffentlichkeitsarbeit (German: Public Relations)
GO Getting Out
GO Giga Octet (French: gigabyte)
GO Glass Onion (Beatles song)
GO Goias (Brazil)
GO Gorizia, Friuli (Italian province)
GO Got Owned (gaming chat)
Go Gothic (linguistics)
GO Government Obligation (finance)
GO Government of Ontario
GO Government Operations
GO Government Organization
GO Government-Owned
GO Grand Organ
GO Grands Ontario (Car Club)
GO Greatest-Of
GO Greek Orthodox (church)
GO Ground Out (baseball)
GO Group Organizer
GO Guardians Office (Scientology)
GO Guest Observer

(where's gastrointestinal output?)

And Doc, they are scary...

Went to RRI on a Bahamas Tourist Board FAM trip four or five years ago and one night we went to Club Med for dinner. The tourist board rep had to go meet some fellow staff on another trip, and so five British divers were left to fend for themselves. Within two minutes flat, we were joined at dinner – whether we wanted to be or not – by several GOs. Three of us escaped with our lives, one made it through the wire a couple of hours later, but our final faithful friend was MiA until the next morning. Shame on him, he missed the morning two-tank dive, but then, he had been diving all night… (Am I allowed to say that... he he)

Mark

Tell me about it, mate. Must have been drunk when I agreed to this one! But it is for charity!

Got blown out last September, so we have a 10 day window end July/beginning August, so this time we WILL do it...

I did try to persuade them to do, perhaps, New Providence to Andros or something warmer, but no, had to be the Channel. Lovely...

So our Red Sea jaunt is going to be a warm up – literally – just prior to us going for the dive.

Mark

MarkUK:
I did try to persuade them to do, perhaps, New Providence to Andros or something warmer, but no, had to be the Channel. Lovely...
So our Red Sea jaunt is going to be a warm up – literally – just prior to us going for the dive.
Mark

Ok, I'll meet you in Egypt. I will try to talk sense into your head. Barring that, I will take your dive gear.

Mad dogs and Englishmen.

San Salvador is much mo betta than any French beach landing in the surf. They really weren't all that appreciative the last time we crawled ashore.

How many miles is your part? (meters, hectares, rods...whatever you call it)

Ironically, the local Bahamian family that owns Riding Rock Inn, boasts no scuba divers among them. But they hire good people.

'San Salvador is much mo betta than any French beach landing in the surf. They really weren't all that appreciative the last time we crawled ashore.'

Ha ha... You are right! The couple of military divers we've got in the team were getting a bit worried, as some of us were talking about wearing UK shirts, and planting a Union Jack, claiming the country for the Queen...

'How many miles is your part? (meters, hectares, rods...whatever you call it)'

Dunno yet. We are doing 45-minute stints each, but some aren't going to manage as many as others, so I reckon on doing around 6-8 mile across the Channel. God, i wish i was swimming around San Sal... With a nice rum punch waiting for me at the end...

Mark

RoatanMan: