San Pedro for non-diver family vacation? Also, getting there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may want to consider Tranquility Bay Resort - Ambergris Caye, Belize, Dive, Fish, Snorkel, Relax, Enjoy!! on the north end of Ambergris Caye. We are a very small resort and the only place where you can snorkel from the beach to the reef. The diving is a 5 minute boat ride and you spend the surface interval with your family. We also have one of the nicest beaches on the island. The drawback... which can also be seen as a plus is that we are very secluded 12 miles north of town. We are a padi dive resort. A great place for people who want to spend uninterrupted time together and enjoy a natural setting.

Cheers,
Carlos

If the kids would be happy without "entertainment" routinely available for them TBR would be a superb choice. It really lives up to its name - tranquil - and I've known kids absolutely love staying there. But it's remote and not for all kids. The diving there is wonderful, and what Carlos didn't mention is that it's run to YOUR preferences and YOUR timing.

I've been to San Pedro twice and love it, but for non-divers no way would I recommend it, just not enough to do other than diving. Like already said the best of non-diving activities in Belize are on the mainland. The interior jungle is really cool, rivers, caves, ruins, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom