San Juan Island dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpovine

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be taking a trip up to the Seattle are in September and I am interested in do a dive or two off of the San Juan Islands. I have called a dive shop, Naknek Charters and they are willing to go out during the week but need at least two divers. I will be on the island September 22nd and 23 rd. Any one interested?

I will be taking a trip up to the Seattle are in September and I am interested in do a dive or two off of the San Juan Islands. I have called a dive shop, Naknek Charters and they are willing to go out during the week but need at least two divers. I will be on the island September 22nd and 23 rd. Any one interested?
Sure hope you find someone to go on this charter. My husband and I were just up there last weekend and it was fabulous diving! The viz was around 40', marine life galore, friendly and professional.... overall a great few days up there. If you make it say hello to Curt and Peggy - very nice people. I couldn't believe that my husband and I were the only 2 people on the boat!

KLSanford,
Thanks for the comments. I do not have a lot of hope since I will be only be available to dive during the week. It was good to hear that you had fun and enjoyed Curt and Peggy. I have had good contacts with them over the phone. Sounds like the diving was good to. I am going to keep working at getting a dive buddy though.

FYI,
I made the trip to Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands and dove with Naknek Charter. Good shop and boat. Kurt, the owner was a good dive master.

If I could do things differently I would have worked harder at getting a dry suit so I could have stayed down a bit longer. I also would have done multiple days vs just one day.

Glad you got out with them, and you had some good weather for it, too! Come back with more time next time, and hopefully I'll be able to meet you and show you some more of our great Puget Sound sites.

Sounds like a deal. Doing one day was just enough to give me a taste and I want to do some more dives. My pictures did not turn out real good. A combination of no strobe and the diving gloves that I am not use to wearing so I didn't make the adjustments I could have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom