San Felipe Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chumley

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about diving in San Felipe Mexico? (Baja North) I was planning on making a few day run to Baja to check out some real estate next month and thought I might get in a few dives while there. I've found one article saying the diving's not great and another saying it's OK but filling tanks is a problem.

I'll probably just go with a couple full tanks to start but am looking for a more hopeful forecast and maybe some advice on where to go without going all the way down to Bahia de Los Angeles.

Welcome to the board. Check out this link to the Mexico forum. You can post your question there, but I suggest doing a search first. You will be amazed at how much information has already been researched.

Click here ---->[red]Mexico[/red]

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Hey Chumley i'm new to the site but happened across your question about san Felipe. i was there a year or so ago and saw no signs of and diving going on. its not really perfect conditions there either. i would check that there is somewhere you can get you tanks filled. also i'm not sure what the regulations are for americans but when i was there san Felipe was just south of the furthest point we where allowed without visas. so if thats the case i would avoid the main roads (or get visas), dont what to get caught with the wrong papers.
if you make it down i would be intrested to know how it is.
have fun
Griff

Greetings Chumley,
I was there 12/30/06 for an afternoon.
I would have shore dove it but we were short on time.
The water seemed to be about 70-75 degrees and clear.
It looked like a decent kick out to get to deeper water.
We (the kids and I)drove in from Rosarito and were stopped by the "Machinegun guys" 7 times.They even squished our upholstery once looking for contraband.
That was real scary since we found some live ammo in the center consol of our suburban later that day.
Be careful and polite down there and you will have fun.
I go to northern Baja often.I like it but consider it too unstable to invest down there...I mean you can't even (as an American) actually own real estate the and have to rely on their banking system to assist you....yeah right.
Also toss me a PM if you learn more about the diving.
Good luck.
Andy

Good advice...
murphdivers286:
Glad you've joined us. :thumb:

:cowboy2: don

Moved fron Introductions & Greets forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom