• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

San Diego

Discussion in 'SoCal' started by SafetyStopBait, Nov 22, 2012.

1. SafetyStopBait

SafetyStopBait Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Hey,

We're going to be in San Diego in March. What will water temp be like? Also looking for dive sites and dive operations. Any recommendations?

Mike

2. Slater

Slater Barracuda

3. Katch

Katch Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Can't say enough good things about Marissa Dive Charters. They are located in Mission Bay, and it is a short boat ride to the Yukon.

FM1520 likes this.
  4. SoCalRich

SoCalRich Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I agree, Marissa dive charter runs a clean safe professional dive operation. But don't miss taking a dive boat to Catalina Island.

FM1520 likes this.
  5. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hey SafetyStopBait,

In my experience, bottom temps are more like 52-3 degrees on the average, perhaps a little higher in the kelp than on the wrecks. This is full 7mm with hooded vest vs. drysuit territory. I dive cold water infrequently and do fine with the wet version. The Yukon and the Ruby E are fine wrecks, the kelp forests are beautiful. The Coronados are also a good destination. My favorite operator is Marissa dive charters, smaller number of divers, more personal service. Owner, Lora Meyer, is very responsive via email. Waterhorse Charters is also very good, a larger operator. PM me with questions.

Good diving, Craig