San Diego in May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueMermaid

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning a trip to San Diego in May, and would certainly like to dive at least one day. What would you recommend? Shore dives? Boat dives? I'd like to take a short-ish day trip, either way.
How about Coronado, is that a long and/or rough trip down? Can anyone recommend a dive operation in the SD area? I will be alone, my brother doesn't dive, so I'll need to find a boat or at least a buddy!
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

You might want to check out www.divebums.com for the scoop on SD local diving and then look at www.californiadiveboats.com for comparisons.
I've only been down there to dive once and went off of the Lois Ann to Wreck Alley. The Coronados are a longer trip, and not that thrilling from what I have heard...

I've dove the area quite a bit. The Yukon is a great dive, and the kelp beds are real nice also. These are pretty much half day trips, as they are right offshore. The Coronados are real nice; sometimes you get great sea lion encounters. The trip across isn't bad. The charter will take up most of the day, though. Check out blueescape.com or loisann.com

P.S.

If you want, let me know when you'll be out here. I'll go diving anytime.

DCI - pretty funny!

I dove the Yukon with DCI one July. The water temp at the surface was 65F, and 55F at depth. The boat I was on was huge, but had surprisingly little room for gearing up.

Next time I go, I will probably try Blue Escape and do Wreck Alley and the Kelp Beds.

Here's a link to a page on my website that has several links to San Diego diving information. The San Diego links are way down near the bottom of the page. Bookmarks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom