San Diego in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for some input on SD diving in January (week of 1/24). Will be there on business and am thinking about coming early to do some weekend diving. Likely charter boat diving (Lois Ann or Blue Escape)...assuming they are operating at that time of year. Would consider shore diving as well, but would need a buddy...

Need input on:
- Typical water temps at that time of year (I use a drysuit) -- low 50s?
- Ability/best place to rent steel tanks & weights (104 single tanks preferred)
- Recommended charter operators/destinations for 1 day of diving

Of course, if anyone would be interested in joining me as a buddy....let me know.

Thanks!

-Chris

large_diver:
Looking for some input on SD diving in January (week of 1/24). Will be there on business and am thinking about coming early to do some weekend diving. Likely charter boat diving (Lois Ann or Blue Escape)...assuming they are operating at that time of year. Would consider shore diving as well, but would need a buddy...

Need input on:
- Typical water temps at that time of year (I use a drysuit) -- low 50s?
- Ability/best place to rent steel tanks & weights (104 single tanks preferred)
- Recommended charter operators/destinations for 1 day of diving

Of course, if anyone would be interested in joining me as a buddy....let me know.

Thanks!

-Chris
Hey Chris,

Come on down!! Water will be in the 50's so lug the drysuit and jammies. The Ann will be running in January and she has a fine crew. About the only place I can think that rents steel is Aqua Tech and they rent HP100's. Drop us a line when u get in town an we'll take ya on a shore dive or two as well.....

Terry

divinman:
Hey Chris,

Come on down!! Water will be in the 50's so lug the drysuit and jammies. The Ann will be running in January and she has a fine crew. About the only place I can think that rents steel is Aqua Tech and they rent HP100's. Drop us a line when u get in town an we'll take ya on a shore dive or two as well.....

Terry

Thanks Terry. It sounds like Dive Connections runs a good charter operation as well...?

The Lois Ann has E7-100 tanks, and pumps nitrox onboard, if you're into that.

I heard Blue Escape is out of business. Their web site seems to be gone, as well.

large_diver:
Thanks Terry. It sounds like Dive Connections runs a good charter operation as well...?
Dive Connections runs an acceptable charter service and they are all priced about the same. They do not do HP fills so bring as many tanks as the dive calls for if you are going that route. The have the standard AL80's included in the trip. I usually just bring my own 100's.

They are having their holiday sale this month and you can buy passes two for one through the end of the year.

Lets go diving!

Terry

Back
Top Bottom