San Carlos or Mulege,Loreto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go to Loreto every year and I have visited both San Carlos and Mulege. The Loreto National Marine Park is vibrant with life. Suggest you email Ron at Villas de Loreto and have him arrange for your stay and diving with Victor. San Carlos is a little far north for me and is a heavily fished area. Mulege didnt impress at all. Plus if you are not driving the nearest major airport is in Loreto and Mulege is a couple of hours of windy road away.

Another dive vendor in Loreto is Dolphin Scuba out of Arcadia. They have a shop there that is manned by Rafael. Kudos for Rafael but they dont do packages with The Villas and I prefer it there. Baja Outpost also does diving and lodging packages but I was warned off them years ago. In all fairness I have never met Leon the propietor.

San Carlos is the most touristy of the three and probably has better retaurants etc if thats a concern.There is very little nightlife in Loreto unless some sort of local fiesta is going on.

That said December is not the best month for any of these locations.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom