San Antonio area dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we are going to Oahu first. my dad and i are going to do some shore diving, and believe me, blow hole is on the list! we are also going to molikini, i think one of our few boat dives. :)

Krisscuba once bubbled...
I lived in San Antonio for seven years.

Canyon lake is a good get wet dive.

I prefered Belmerhea. A state park 185 miles East of Texas/New Mexico border. It is an old Army training hole from the 20's It is a spring 2 acres and 30' deep with crystal clear water. Good camping, local dive shop, lots of fish. It has a three sided swiming pool opening to it. the bottom is rock/gravel. Excellant night dive. On a clear night you night dive it without lights.
It's at the Pecos on I-10.

Where are your going in Hawaii. I lived there for 4 years doing 250 dives a year. If Oahu, try Blow hole, Three tables, Sharks Cove. http://www.hawaiiweb.com/html/sharks_cove.html
If you ecer get a chance to get to The FLorida pan handle drop me a line. I plan on diving to day. I live 7 miles from Vortex spring. Check out their web cams www.vortexspring.com

victoriawtx once bubbled...
There's a small group of us that get together for diving local areas. You are welcome to join us anytime.

Let me know if you are interested, and that way I can contact you when I hear of another SA diver outing.

And we also don't always go as a group, depending on people's schedules. So if you need a dive buddy, there are always people looking for one.

good luck!

PM me, and I can give you my univerisity e-mail address, and put you on our group list. :)

thanks! will be nice to have some people to dive with!

These are some of my favorite dive sites on Oahu. I dove them many times the four years I lived there.

Kaina Point
Electric Beach aka Power Plant
Makua
Turtle Bay
Three tables
Haleiwa
Yokahma Bay
Pond Road
Wiamea Bay - Should be good this time of year
Mahi - Navy minsweeper in 80 - 90" of water depending upon tides
K-Bay - Lots of turtles,..oh yeah - breeding grounds for HammerHeads

Good Luck

yay! finally got my zeagle escape in. doing a dive at canyon tomorrow, by the dam. anyone else going to be out there?

Sorry Scott can't make canyon. I dove it many times while living in San Antonio. Will try to take the boat up river to some springs here in the Florida Pan Handle.

Duggan diving in San Antonio is planning a road trip out this way in June

ah well i'll be in hawaii in half of june, and NY the other half :p

canyon was decent. like 3-5ft vis. 60* at like 35-40 ft. 72 on the surface. man it gets dark down there! we were diving off the dam overlook.

Medina Lake sounds great, anyone planning on making a trip there any time soon..maybe we can make plans and a group of us could go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom