Salvo Cans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevrumbo:
I also thrashed a test tube head type once before as well, when I got rolled by a rogue wave in the Surf Zone of a Beach Dive. . .

Which design... Brightstar or WA?

Stephen Ash:
Which design... Brightstar or WA?
Old Halcyon Pro 4, 10W Open Reflector with enclosing Test Tube --a Welch-Allyn bulb with wire lead extensions soldered on. . .

Both test tube and bulb shattered after a rough transit out of the Surf Zone onto the Beach (i.e. "The Monastery Crawl"). Ballast was probably saltwater compromised as well --sent the light head back to Halcyon for repair. Later sold the Pro 4 and purchased the enclosed head Helios 4.5 10W NiMH model. . .

NWGratefulDiver:
My Terkel is an enclosed head 10W design ... and I've broken the bulb in that light twice by accidentally dropping the light head. I've yet to break the bulb in my Salvo, even though I've done the same thing to it on numerous occasions.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I use the Dive Rite (MR11) 10W HID and did the same thing, dropped the light head and my wallet got lighter the next day. I like the light though and the burn time is great. The bulbs could just be more durable. The light heads on the salvo's are bigger, but they don't seem to break - at least not when dropped

Cheers

-s

My Salvo has fallen 4 1/2 feet onto concrete (didn't really get it clipped off, as it turned out) and survived that. I was impressed, as well as profoundly and utterly relieved :)

My Salvo has survived countless shore dives rocky entries like this one without skipping a beat.

Attachments

• IMG_4609a.jpg
    IMG_4609a.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 48
Gillty:
rjack,

Are you talking about model of light or charger?

Sorry, the charger. The diverite ones I currently have are starting to poop out on me and they want ~$85 for a new one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom