"Salty Girls" products - anyone try them yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got the June issue of Shape magazine and there's a small blurb for a shampoo from a company called Salty Girls. I checked out there site and some of the stuff looks like it could be worth trying. www.saltygirls.com. They're products are geared to surfer girls, but a day in the ocean is day in the ocean. I like the idea of all natural chemical free products actually designed for ocean lovong women. Yeah, no chemicals or other stuff that hurts the marine environment!

They've got "After Ocean" shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. Also "Beach Therapy" hair detangler and "Sweet Water" wetsuit wash, gear revival spray (deoderizer) and swimsuit saver.

I just ordered a few things today. I've never heard of this company before and I don't have anything to do with them. It looked like cool stuff and worth passing info on to dive chicks! If anyone's used these products or knows of any other similar lines, please share.

scubawife:
I just ordered a few things today. I've never heard of this company before and I don't have anything to do with them. It looked like cool stuff and worth passing info on to dive chicks! If anyone's used these products or knows of any other similar lines, please share.

Ok.. you are now our official SB tester! How about a write up after you've had a chance to really try everything out?

I would be interested in seeing how well (or not) they do in "real life". :thumb:

My next dive trip is the first week of August to Hawaii. I will absolutely let you all know if this stuff works. I've got very long hair and have tried pretty much everything to combat the post-dive tangled mess. I've even had to resort to cutting out ponytail holders because they get so knotted in, so I'm game for trying anything! This is the first thing I've seen that says it's made for post-ocean hair. I ordered the shampoo, conditioner and detangler. And although I don't have high hopes, I'm willing to give the gear spray a shot and test it out on my booties.

I´m really interested in this too.. But how do I go about buying??As I will be either using euros or sterling, how do the prices work out? Anyone go any ideas??
Thanx

Well, you got my interest. I just went and ordered some as well. Let's see what we think!

raya:
I´m really interested in this too.. But how do I go about buying??As I will be either using euros or sterling, how do the prices work out? Anyone go any ideas??
Thanx

Good question, raya. Might I suggest contacting them via email & finding out how you would go about purchasing some of their product from "Across The Pond"?

Bonne chance,

Wow I'm another very long haired salty girl interested in all you testers results!

My wife is interested as well, as she gets terrible tangles.

These products look great, I'm considering ordering the shampoo, conditioner, conditioning hair detangler and weatsuit wash. The prices are pretty good, which is a plus. If anyone tests this stuff out soon, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom