"Salty" Divers needed for KelpFest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelplady

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey divers, I am requesting volunteers to help organize the first annual Laguna Beach KelpFest!
To appreciate the efforts of the kelp restoration project, we want to celebrate Kelp. The goal is to create a culture of appreciation for kelp by educating everyone about how important it is and that we need to protect it now that its back.

We are having planning meetings and could use some help on organizing and planning. The festival will be on Saturday April 24, 2009
I am also looking for someone to specifically help with the following:
We would like to have a lineup of individuals at the KelpFest who can tell “stories” of the way it used to be “in the old days” when abalone lined the beaches, you could fish for big fish off the Newport pier, and kelp was a plenty. I think it is important for people to hear this message. The plan is to have a schedule of speakers who can sit with people around them and tell stories. We will video the stories so it is documented for future generations.
Would someone like to help facilitate this part of the event. Help lineup the speakers and organize a schedule?
Also, if you are someone or know someone who can tell us about the “old days”, please let me know. We need you! You are all we have!
Thank you!
714-206-5147

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom