Salaries in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, thanks for all the info! Honestly, it sounds a little too complicated/shady for me. I never dreamed the whole work-permit thing would be such a hassle in so many countries. I never got the impression this was such a difficult thing 5 years ago when I first became an instructor but maybe its gotten more difficult over time...

Hey, thanks for all the info! Honestly, it sounds a little too complicated/shady for me. I never dreamed the whole work-permit thing would be such a hassle in so many countries. I never got the impression this was such a difficult thing 5 years ago when I first became an instructor but maybe its gotten more difficult over time...

But at least it's possible, I wouldn't rate my chances of being allowed to work in your country, and we invented it!

Most of these rules were also in place 5 years ago. It's just that most people didn't care until authorities actually started checking. And as jamiemac says: would any of us even try to work illegally in Europe or the States? Why should we do it in Thailand then?? Those who want to live and work in Thailand should respect the laws of the country and that includes working only with a work permit. Yes, it means hassle, but dive staff don't always have to do it themselves: at least some companies are willing to make that investment in return for dedicated and loyal long-term employees....

Karin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom