Safety sausage as a marker buoy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ:
Ok... somehow I snagged the wrong quote... jeez!!! Anyway.. in response to why shoot from depth not at surface....

I like somewhere to hang for a safety stop... if the surface is the least bit rough and I can see it and feel it from 15-20 feet... I will start puking... but if I can hang on a line and look down... I am fine.
You've done this with less than 25 dives - or you have no updated your profile...? :confused:

Yes... I think I'm at dive 15.... (sheepish and embarresed grin)... Yep, I'm a true cyber diver (refer to my certs in other thread!)

I have committed to doing some fresh water and cold diving this year to get that number up...planned to last year, but then was pregnant... sigh... I consider myself a NEWBIE in every sense of the word.... but was highly complimented on our last dive in Coz. Our DM said he had NO idea I had such few dives and would never guess that watching me in the water... that made me feel great... but I have so much to learn. Looking forward to time in the quarry (kind of)... so I can just practice practice practice and not be distracted by fish and my camera... trim. shooting a line, etc. etc... you know... :)

AmyJ:
Yes... I think I'm at dive 15.... (sheepish and embarresed grin)... Yep, I'm a true cyber diver (refer to my certs in other thread!)
Oh, I was not poking fun at your dive count - but impressed that you'd shot a line & sausage so early on. You have an admirable instructor or buddy.

I'm also impressed that you can dive at all with a new baby. Those little things are a lot of work. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom