Sadly, the time has come...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I personally believe you should buy the Waterproof D9. THEN, you should post a super in-depth review and let us all know what you think. Reviews are few and far between on that suit, and I'm trying to pick a suit for my wife :wink:

Reactions: RJP
What underwear do you folks wear under the DUI 30/30 when diving in hotter climates? I am concerned about the time before entering the water getting hot while wearing the underwear.

What underwear do you folks wear under the DUI 30/30 when diving in hotter climates? I am concerned about the time before entering the water getting hot while wearing the underwear.

Depends, but for my Whites, I generally just have underarmor or my long johns. Never get too hot.

Very light wicking material. Long John and long sleeve shirt. Actually long John made for snowboarding, they stop way above the ankle and are perfect for the ankle seal.

I wear a thin pair of capiline top and bottoms. Just thick enough to take the squeeze off. Perfectly comfortable on the surface interval in 90F temps and full sun. (Much more than I've ever been in a wetsuit on a hot day. As seen here napping in Bonaire.

drysuit_owner_week_ray2-.jpg

The DUI Stretchliner is a bit thicker, but not "hot" either.

It's a very versatile suit, as you can vary undergarments between warm-warm water and cold-warm water.

The Stretchliner doesn't appear in the DUI product line anymore, there is the "ECODIVEWEAR™ BASE LAYER" and the "Jumpsuit 150." I suppose that the base layer will be one to use for warmest climates in the DUI line.

For the "capiline," is there a specific vendor/model you recommend?

BTW, for the ankle seals vs. sock/rock boots, do you wish that you bought the sock/rock boots instead? I am concerned about the durability of the seals but also thinking that with the seals, there is a chance to cool a little as opposed to the sock/rock boots option, what do you think?

OK, I have to chime in....for 140 foot and less diving, I'd go with this Thermalution Compact Dive Series (70M) Thermalution Heated Undersuit -70M (Shortsleeve)
TH_70m__96922.1405337789.368.368.jpgand with this Isurus i-Soldier 4.5.4 SCS Hooded i_soldier_454_01__57334.1405337807.368.368.jpg

And you end up with a great wetsuit that is slick in the water without the huge drag of a drysuit, and with a heated undergarment in the wetsuit, that will keep you toasty warm even when many drysuit divers are cold. And, unlike the drysuit, if the air is hot on the boat, you can turn the heat off, and still be comfortable.

this combo would be much cheaper than my TLS 350.....for that matter, if anyone wants my TLS 350 ( in like-new CONDITION), I would sell it for the price of a new wetsuit...in a heartbeAT.

The Stretchliner doesn't appear in the DUI product line anymore, there is the "ECODIVEWEAR™ BASE LAYER" and the "Jumpsuit 150." I suppose that the base layer will be one to use for warmest climates in the DUI line.

For the "capiline," is there a specific vendor/model you recommend?

BTW, for the ankle seals vs. sock/rock boots, do you wish that you bought the sock/rock boots instead? I am concerned about the durability of the seals but also thinking that with the seals, there is a chance to cool a little as opposed to the sock/rock boots option, what do you think?

Any polypropylene "thermal" layer will do. Some of the non-thermal ones are too thin. The ones I have are Patagonia "Capilene 3" (it comes in four levels of warmth... none of which are too warm since they are all base layers.)

Be sure to get something synthetic and not cotton... unless you like to stink.

I like having ankle seals so that my feet get wet; rockboots or turbo soles would be too much like a regular dry suit... ie "a bag."

Ankle seals are surprisingly robust. I got 8yrs/250 dives out of them. I only replaced them recently as a preventative measure as I was going on a trip.

Last edited:
OK, I have to chime in....for 140 foot and less diving, I'd go with this Thermalution Compact Dive Series (70M) Thermalution Heated Undersuit -70M (Shortsleeve)
View attachment 201171and with this Isurus i-Soldier 4.5.4 SCS Hooded View attachment 201170

And you end up with a great wetsuit that is slick in the water without the huge drag of a drysuit, and with a heated undergarment in the wetsuit, that will keep you toasty warm even when many drysuit divers are cold. And, unlike the drysuit, if the air is hot on the boat, you can turn the heat off, and still be comfortable.

this combo would be much cheaper than my TLS 350.....for that matter, if anyone wants my TLS 350 ( in like-new CONDITION), I would sell it for the price of a new wetsuit...in a heartbeAT.

Trust me it's much easier diving a 30/30 then a wetsuit. I keep my drysuit on the boat till we get to the dock then I just rince it. I avoid wetsuit if at all possible.....

Trust me it's much easier diving a 30/30 then a wetsuit. I keep my drysuit on the boat till we get to the dock then I just rince it. I avoid wetsuit if at all possible.....

Funny thing is... no one believes this.

On liveaboard trips, tajkd and I are always first geared up and into the water... as the wet divers struggle to don ill-fitting, cold, clammy wetsuits.

:d

"To each, his own."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom