Sacramento Valley Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver:
I am really interested in exploring my old fishing areas from my new perspective as a diver.

If you dive the areas that are fished, you will never have to buy fishing tackle again!:wink:

FishDiver:
I have read posts that state the diving in Folsom Lake is boring and that the vis is bad. I know when I have fished there I could often see the bottom in 20' of water. What gives?
Some divers have high expectations. If you are expecting warm water, 100' vis, and a well developed reef, Natomas will not have much for you. If you'd be satisfied with a 30' max depth dive, 20' vis, and not much to find ...except crawdads and golfballs, Natomas is a sweet dive.

I live about an hour from Sacramento, and about 2.5 hours from Monterey. For sight seeing, Monterey is well worth the extra driving. If you're planning a crayfish boil, Sacramento has some world class diving. I'm averaging about one dive trip per year to Sac., and expect that will continue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom