RYA Powerboat 1 and 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversam

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya all,

I am currently contemplating taking the RYA (uk) Powerboat 1 and 2 courses but want to know exactly whats the differance between a power boat and a motor boat??

Any help appreciated,

Sam

diversam:
Hiya all,

I am currently contemplating taking the RYA (uk) Powerboat 1 and 2 courses but want to know exactly whats the differance between a power boat and a motor boat??

Any help appreciated,

Sam

Same difference that exists between a sail boat and a boat that is propelled by the wind.

OK Thanks, itas just that there are two different courses one of which is for powerboats and the other one is for motor boats.

Thanks,

Sam

Here in Canada motor boat means outboard motor driven up to16- 20 ft? Power Boat includes them, sort of and all larger powered boats.

Ive got my RYA 1 and 2 (effectively a weekend course).

At the end of the RYA2 qualification you can apply for your "international certificate of competency for the operation of pleasure craft". This allows you to operate craft of less than 24m in length and less than 84gt.

Its the powerboat you want if you aim to drive RIBs or such boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom