Rx100 - III, IV, V?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, yes, not bad at all, that is not the big fish eye lens I was expecting. Sadly when I travel, my carry on is packed to the gills with 2 sets of regs, camera, batteries, and our baggage is always flirting with overweight so big fisheyes are a dream for me, but yours might squeeze in.

Regarding batteries, and I have called Sony Canada to confirm this, you could just jack in an external battery bank into the camera charge port, like I can with my iphone, then if the housing would allow for the space to lodge a small outboard battery, you could shoot all day without re-opening the case. The question is - does any housing give enough perimeter space to lodge a small backup battery. As well the Micro usb cable would need to be super low profile and flexy, but in principal, it could work - I think. Maybe someone has tried this?

It looks like go-pro has a product (external to the housing) that addresses this.

Back
Top Bottom