RX100 album

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jensm

Registered
Reaction score
Trip report and pics are great. Looks like I really need to start looking at South Leyete as a dive destination that needs my attention.
BUT its between that and Komodo or Ambon..... mmm tough desicions!
I have a similar set-up, except I have the nauticam housing and the D2000 strobe. Cant wait to get it in the water in July!

Great pictures. I like the way you're playing with shadows. I have a similar set-up, but with Recsea housing and D2000 strobe.
I am living in Asia as well, but have to admit that I've never made it to the Philippines. I just am too attracted to Indonesia...

Great pictures. I like the way you're playing with shadows. I have a similar set-up, but with Recsea housing and D2000 strobe.
I am living in Asia as well, but have to admit that I've never made it to the Philippines. I just am too attracted to Indonesia...

Thank you very much. I don't live in Asia myself (though some times I wish I did). I've also done a bit of diving in Indonesia, and absolutely loved it, especially Pulau Weh and Bunaken/Lembeh/Banka.

The shadow thing is sometimes more of a result of only having one strobe than a planned artistic touch :)

Jens

Very nice. I think the RX100 is obviously better than a large number of larger setups.

I think the results are really quite good! Are the macro shots cropped?

Some are slightly cropped. Macro on the RX100 is very weak, meaning that the UCL 167 is not really enough for very close macro. If that's your thing, then either you'll need stacked diopters or perhaps find another camera. On the other hand, you can crop a lot with RX100 pics if they're well focused.

I am aware of the limitations with the macro, but as you know with the large sensor and high IQ a cropped image still looks quite good. I have two Inon UCL-165M67 lenses that I can stack for very close macro, but I may end up shooting more WA with my RX100.

There is a thread on the new Inon UCL100 close up lens a guy has actually measured the magnification that the RX100 can achieve
With a real +10 like this lens and the Subsee you achieve what you would call 'macro' 36x24 mm frame
With a single +6 like the Inon your frame is still around 52x34 mm that is not what you would call macro.
With +12 your capture area is 30x20 mm

So with the RX100 you really need +10 to have macro. Still a lens like that will mean a working distance of 75mm that is very close so it is best to work with two +6 Inon UCL165 so that you can have some flexibility. The chromatic aberrations of the lens can be removed in lightroom and photoshop

If you worked with no diopters the camera does a pretty poor job around 15cm so for me two UCL165 or two Dyron +7 are the best combination for the RX100 a great camera that is a bit long sighted!!!

As comparison my trusted Canon S95 does 36x24 mm with a single Inon UCL165AD and 21x14 mm with two like saying
Canon S95 with +6 diopter = Sony RX100 with +10 diopter

The picture quality of the Sony though is incredible

Back
Top Bottom