Choices..? RX100 VI, Lumix LX100 II, or Lumix LX10 (15), or old RX100 II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

popsiclediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can't take a big set-up with me on next trip in Sept so looking for compact replacement...

I hunt out supermaco, and comfortable with razor thin DOF. Not really excited with WA, but like flexibility in getting all of Manta in one shot...

Have two UCL-165 to stack, arms with YS-D2's, focus light; good at making my own trays, tapping & threading aluminum etc.
Next year this will be my backup rig to DSLR, but has to be reliable and good, and compact.
I have read about all the new compacts, and own the RX100 II. I like each for different reasons, but second opinion is helpful.
I'm used to back-button focus and custom WB, and think that will be hard to give up. Flash sync speed important too - EPL-3 was too slow... I use LR, so can adjust, but less is more...
I also have TG4/Oly housing and not impressed with their macro/microscope...

Leaning towards Nauticam housing and whatever is best...
Unless another suggestion?

Thanks!

I can't take a big set-up with me on next trip in Sept so looking for compact replacement...

I hunt out supermaco, and comfortable with razor thin DOF. Not really excited with WA, but like flexibility in getting all of Manta in one shot...

Have two UCL-165 to stack, arms with YS-D2's, focus light; good at making my own trays, tapping & threading aluminum etc.
Next year this will be my backup rig to DSLR, but has to be reliable and good, and compact.
I have read about all the new compacts, and own the RX100 II. I like each for different reasons, but second opinion is helpful.
I'm used to back-button focus and custom WB, and think that will be hard to give up. Flash sync speed important too - EPL-3 was too slow... I use LR, so can adjust, but less is more...
I also have TG4/Oly housing and not impressed with their macro/microscope...

Leaning towards Nauticam housing and whatever is best...
Unless another suggestion?

Thanks!

Hi there, we highly recommend the Sony RX100 VI or Sony RX100 VII (coming out soon). You can accomplish both semi-wide and add wet lenses for super macro. It's also super compact!
Here is an in depth review for you:
Sony RX100 VI Underwater Camera Review

Please message us or call into the shop to talk to one of our experts with any questions!

Back
Top Bottom