Rviews of Halcyon Scout light.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman once bubbled...
These were painted black and if you were to sand the grip down on these ones, the silver colored aluminum would be showing and very messy looking.

Its just something to be aware of.
If they are aluminum and you are taking them into salt water, they need to be anodized or they will quickly corrode.

If they ARE anodized, the coating is very tough and you will have a hard time sanding off the knurling. If you are able to, here's a couple of links to doing anodizing at home:

http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize99.html
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml

blackice once bubbled...
Any one know if this is a feature or is it an issue with the current batch of Scouts. Were the older versions like this? Is it ment so that you can take apart the globe and front section?
My old ones are just like the UK SL4 heads... solid.

I wouldn't use superglue... a dab of Aquaseal would work.

RichLockyer once bubbled... I wouldn't use superglue... a dab of Aquaseal would work.
thanks for the tip

blackice once bubbled...

thanks for the tip
The stuff works great.
I've got a lot of tools that have the plastic handles rather than rubber, and they always slip off... not a good thing to have happen when I'm 40 feet above traffic.
One application of Aquaseal and I've yet to have one come off again.

I just ordered a halcyon scout, should receive it tomorrow. i have always used pelican sabrelights up until now. One good thing about the pelican is if you do flood it, or loan it to a friend and he floods it) they will replace it no questions asked.

Back
Top Bottom