Runs with fins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
... ok, just once. It's funny though, you should try it.

New to Scubaboard and relatively new to diving in general.

With a little encouragement and strong suggestion from a friend, I certified in June 2007 in preperation for a trip to Australia and a week of diving on the "Spoil Sport." Once there, I obtained my AOW certification, and my newest passion was finally revealed.

This year found me diving off the North Carolina coast and recently, the Turks and Caicos Islands. While in TCI, I met Howard and Michelle... and subsequently learned of Scubaboard.

I've discovered that the sport of diving attracts a unique people; a people who's appreciation of the easy living and a love of the ocean and all of her gifts definitely runs deep (no pun)... a people I find to be of kindred spirit.

This site seems to be a wonderful networking tool, so if you're still reading this... then I'd love to hear from you! :happywave:

hugs and bubbles... ~heather

Hi heather,

Welcome on :sblogo:

Welcome aboard. As to running with fins...I've got a three inch scar on my forehead from when I tried: only once. I wouldn't recommend it :wink:
Happy Diving

Running with fins, fun to watch, even to do, we used to have an egg race in fins as one of dive groups events when I was first certified. Running in fins and full gear is not generally recommended as it can turn out a lot less fun(especially in doubles).

Welcome to SB, sounds like you are starting out your dive logs with a lot of great locales. I had to stick to Texas waterholes for about first 200-300 dives before getting salty and warm.

There are some great people on SB, I've met some wonderful people locally and plan on meeting more when I travel for diving(hope to do florida trip next year). Check out your regional forum (sand sharks I believe) and be sure to give a shout out in the Swamp diver forum should you ever journey to Austin area for some swamp diving and need a buddy.

Hi Heather! Welcome to the board! :D

:uwphotographer::bablefish:Good to see you here! Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here! I love that, "Runs With Fins", it would make a great T-Shirt!

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom