Running with the Bulls.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter, EXCELLENT!!

I could not have come close to your report... It's exactly how it happened!!

But, they were 20-25 ft, if I remember correctly lol

Excellent report, thanks.

Just finished the pictures for 3-mile reef and will post them next

TekDiveGirl:
ohhhhh sheepshead -- woooooooooooooooooooo

Contain your excitement young lady.

Seriously, I am joking about it a bit now that we are all safe and sound but it really was a very serious situation which was handled extremely well.

Now about that moray...

Well, it felt like they were 20 - 25 feet long at the time...........

Kudos to all of you for keeping your cool. Glad you're all back safely.

Hey Miss, how did Lil Sis take the shark story, being she is newly certified?

What was the 2nd dive?

johnnyseko:
So does that mean after all that, you still got back in the water for another dive??

Yep!
Three-mile reef off of Anna-Maria Bradenton, Fl.

Basically a rock piles in 30-35 ft of water.
Visibility = 7-10'

A lot of red algea (appears to be dormant). Hope it's not an indication of Summer in the Gulf.

Impressive = Many baby Hogs (Looks like they're making a comeback!! Yay!)

Will edit this post when pictures are uploaded.

Je Souhaite:
Kudos to all of you for keeping your cool. Glad you're all back safely.

Hey Miss, how did Lil Sis take the shark story, being she is newly certified?

What was the 2nd dive?

Well the whole thing was quite an experience. Honestly, I think, as TheCaptain seen CoolTech and Walter were calm he stayed calm. Lil sis would have done the same thing and followed my lead, had it been us in the water, she would have stayed calm. Though calm isn't really the word - they didn't freak out or go nuts in the water - so they appeared calm to TheCaptain. Anyway, she was okay. Kept it in check. Went out on the next dive.

We also discussed it at length on the way home. In addition, we discussed the need to keep your wits about you in a tense situation so as to not make the situation worse.

Second dive was a reef. QueenTrigger fish and loads of juvenile hogfish were at the top of my list.

Nice job on organizing the teams and maintaining boat coverage Walter - not that it helped!

I was max impressed that you all had the foresight and self discipline to dive in teams, maintain boat coverage, etc. So when the message comes that - yoohoo, there's a situation, would ya come motor over & pick us up please... uhhh - nothing happens. I hope somebody got the requisite dope slap!

Happens all the time tho, even to planned and prepared people. How many times do we pause and not believe our eyes, even when we stare directly at a sitaution? There's a phenomenon in there somewhere... Let's see - Walter is saying, "Yo, get us now" but its a nice day and we've got plenty of ice... I don't actually see anything nucular happening...

Well done to everyone tho. Sounds like you executed well getting back to the boat, And Walter, you've got brass ones putting the run on Mr Bull. 8-10 is a good size for a bull. It not one I'd want to play chicken with. Nice job! Has the stain come out of your suit yet?

Missdirected:
We also discussed it at length on the way home. In addition, we discussed the need to keep your wits about you in a tense situation so as to not make the situation worse.

I think it's great you took the time to discuss with her, that was important. But as overwhelming as it was, it's still gonna be an awesome first dive for her logbook.

Can't wait to see the pics, Cool Tech.

So, what is the prize for winning the dive off????

I just want to say it wasn't a case of I couldn't believe my eyes - So I did nothing. Yes, Walter came with his right hand from his side up over his head quickly. He didn't look back to confirm that with me. Immediately after I got a face to face with another diver next to him who I asked, with signal, if all was ok, he replied, with signal, that all was okay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom