Rules for Non-Military Personnel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last weekend I helped to burn up 16,000 rounds of 7.62, and they came out of 8 M-60's. Only burned 2000 rounds of .50.

Dave

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH;-0

DSGobie, you're making me feel old. I was rated expert (Army rating) on the M60 and carried that thing for a long time. It saved my life once.

The Ma-Deuce was fun, but we didn't have much use for it except on the HQ tracks. I stayed away from HQ duty as much as possible.

Yeah we are still using the 5.56mm M249 SAW
is the mini-14/ 30 round clips, zydel pistol grip stock, 3x9 40mm.... crows beware out to about 250yds....:wink:

nothing like a day of sittin on the back porch plinkin with the 22s

country livin' at it's best

Anyone know what the canadian army is using as their personal weapon now? ( I know that will encourage some wise comments ) :) When I was in it was the FN A1 C1 7.62 mm. I think I could still clean one in my sleep. We used to rag on the 5.56 mm as being too light and High velocity. As a sailor tho the SMG or browning 9mm was more useful for boarding parties.

Cherry

oh no... that 556 is great... I know a 7.62 packs a punch... but I heard the reasoning behind the 556 wasn't to kill... It was to give the enemy lots of wounded to deal with.. Who leaves wounded on the field anymore?

Nowadays, the Canadian Forces use the C7A1 Service Rifle. it's NATO 5.56 cal, and weighs just short of 9 lb when loaded with a 30-round magazine. Very similar to the American M16 - I believe it field-strips down the same - although all the Canadian ones have been modified to replace the 'carrying handle' with a light-enhancing optical sight.

Besides, I sure wouldn't want to be carrying the FN any distance! ...I sorta pity the C9 LMG guys. They ahve to carry the machine gun, its spare barrel and EIS, as well as boxes of ammo.. PLUS all the usual personal kit.........

Happiness is a belt- fed Weapon:)

2 weeks and I'll be there
Oh-well there goes the diving.

DDOWN

I once qualified on the M1 Garand! Fort Riley, Kansas.

Lets see......1960 I think. Right before the M14 was issued.
Also got to qualify with the M1 Carbine. A fun little weapon.

Poppty...poppty....poppppety.....

My girlfriend, a chief warrant officer 4 (CW4?), taught her young son and daughter to respond: "Yes she does, and they are highly shined!"

:D

DM

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
11. "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick you’re butt!

I remember the childish insult growing up, "Yer momma wore combat boots." I used to tell other kids proudly, yes, my momma DID wear combat boots! She had her parents sign their consent, back in WW2, when it was less common for women to be in the military. My parents met at a USO club in West Berlin, and my dad bought her engagement ring on the black market with some packs of cigarettes. And here I am today!

Back
Top Bottom