Rugby World Cup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmm........not quite. There was a big difference between Normandy and Aquitaine!

I am Norman, not French!:D As for the French in the Order of Garter....English still didn't exist as a coherent language in 1066. In fact it didn't really become cohesive for another 300 years when Chaucer started "The Canterbury Tales" sometime in the 1380s. Even then English wasn't spoken all over England as evidenced by "Sir Gavin & the Green Knight", written at about the same time in the north of England, and almost in pure German.

AFAIK English is the youngest language on the planet.
Old English of 11th century is very close from modern Icelandic.

Now, English is very contamined by many French words.

Now, English is very contamined by many French words.

Are you in the German section of Switzerland?

i must say... as the games are happening in the wrong side of the world i feel like ive missed out on every game so far

it was much better last time....... viewing times were much more civilized :D

it was much better last time....... viewing times were much more civilized :D
I thought so too. Now I have to wait for my son-in-law to send me the recording of the matches. At least it's better than listening in Japanese in the middle of the night though! :eyebrow:

I thought so too. Now I have to wait for my son-in-law to send me the recording of the matches. At least it's better than listening in Japanese in the middle of the night though! :eyebrow:

I wonder if that 12-12 draw with Canada was as exciting in Japanese as it undoubtably was in English? LOL

I'm really surprised the U.S. has done as relatively well as it has. Losing 25-21 to Samoa is no small feat, and at least they have been competitive in these matches. Maybe there is a little hope for USA Rugby after all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom