Royal Aquamaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hondaid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
looking to buy a nice Royal Aquamaster
call 845 492 9094 or e mail
thanks gb

I have one for sale - $450 - new hoses, new butterfly valve, recent rebuild, etc, square label, long yoke. Generally very good chrome with some minor scratches.

I'd like one too but keep hoping to find one at a yard sale....
THe Royal AM is an awesome reg.

I'd like one too but keep hoping to find one at a yard sale....
THe Royal AM is an awesome reg.

Even if you find one at a yard sale you are going to spend at least 150 bucks rebuilding it. Why not just buy one that is already serviced from Bryan @ Vintage Double Hose He'll build one for you, he built a mistral for me for only 300 and change. That's cheaper than most that you can locate a crappy one on Ebay and rebuild. YMMV though, to each his own.

There are actually 5 of the on e-bay now, which is very unusual, so some of them may go cheaper than normal. Three of them are round labels from the same seller.

But some of them are not in great condition and all of them will probably need a rebuild. All of them also have original hoses and mouthpieces and they frequently may look good but still not be diveable.

New hoses will run $45 to $90 depending what you get, a mouthpiece will cost $30 to $40 and the rebuild itself wil cost you $100 just for the basics and and perhaps $50 to $100 more depending on what parts you replace or upgrade to newer silicone versions.

So, its pretty easy to end up with $200 in service costs with an E-bay reg and $300 is not out of the realm of possibility if it needs new hoses, diaphragm, mushroom valves, duckbill, etc. So bid accordingly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom