Royal Aqua Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

local631

Registered
Reaction score
Lost Wages, Nevada the one and only Sin City
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a late 68 early 69 royal aqua master serial # R13645 it is all original with the old aqua lung tire yoke screw logo has all the original hoses, mouth piece was only used a couple times then my buddies dad moved to las vegas and it sat in a box in his closet for 26 years my friend gave it to me for money owed.. my other friend bet me 100 bucks it wouldn't work so i put it on a tank and hit the indoor pool still works just fine still has the original 7 clips on the case that everyone gets rid of..was surprised how well it worked for being 40 years old and still looks good too.. some very light pitting on back front looks great would like to get
$500 for it also have a set of u.s diver steel 80 with vintage back plate and twin tank hook up will throw in for 100 more to cover shipping them if interested..
feel free to send me an e-mail or call dave at 702-645-1676

Attachments

• Photo0602_001.jpg
    Photo0602_001.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Photo0608_001.jpg
    Photo0608_001.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 137
  • Photo0605_001.jpg
    Photo0605_001.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 122
Welcome to the board. Sorry but that is way too much for that reg, even if it had been recently restored. The going eBay rate is around $150-175, $200 if you are lucky. Restoring the reg to diving condition will run another $120ish in parts and labor, while it appeared to work OK, I can promise you the duckbill and mouthpiece valves are shot, none of the old ones held up that long. Include the 3 tanks and manifold you are starting to just barely get in the ballpark.

well i have seen a few go for under 350 and seen a few go for over 600 vintage scuba restores these for $70 and of all the old two hose reg's the RAM's are said to be both the best and easiest to restore and dive with, plenty of parts even new better materials could easily be an everyday reg. or a great decoration for the dive shop..as for the two tanks and manifold if you made a good offer i might through them in.. the 3rd 4th and 5th tank's 2 u.s. 100 galv's and 30cuft catalina are mine, sorry gotta keep something to dive with...........

I restore and dive these regs. $70 is the labor cost, parts are extra and you will need parts. Having restored a dozen or so of them and having 100s of dives using them, I know the reg well. The ones that go for $300+ are a mystery to the vintage community, they are simply not worth that. On occasion one in brand new shape in the box will bring a lot but those are the exception. Same goes for the occasional one that is out of the ordinary, the rare heavy yoke versions for example, which this one is not.
I hope you get your asking price but don't be surprized if no one calls.

i see what you are saying and i agree but if i want 300 and started with 300 i would end up with 200 thats why i say to anyone interested make an offer if you just want the reg or if you want the 2 tanks and manifold with straps and back plate with it..i am not sure what it would cost to ship 2 tanks but i am sure it wont be cheap..and i noticed quit a few people looking for this kind of manifold with the 500 psi reserve valve..i am willing to seperate any part thats wanted for the right price..remember # 1 rule of sales you can always drop the price as needed but you cant raise it..anyways thank you for your insight and happy diving..

have some more info on the rig i am selling the 1968 ram was and is decribed right the tanks are 1968 u.s. diver 72's icc3aa2250 stamped 3 L 68 + last hydrod on 8/85 the twin manifold is a j-62 with 500 psi reserve the us diver twin strap has a carring handle, back plate with shoulder and waiste strap in one..no need for a bcd with this rig i guess..old school diving gear set all for 600...
thanks and good day....

How about $275 for the RAM Regulator Only?

Additionally, could you please tell me how much it weights, as I would preffer it to be shipped via UPS Ground, maybe you can get me a shipping quote, destination Zip Code is 91606.

Thank you!

That is a good offer for the Royal Aquamaster. They are great regulators to put back into service and dive.

give me the weekend to think about it and i'll have my little woman check on shipping cost..i am on my way out the door going to utah till monday night... guys camp and quad retreat..we are about 1 hour behind already...i will let you know when i get back...thanks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom