Room recommendations at Den Laman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning a two week two couple stay at Den Laman this winter and wondering about about room recommendations. We are thinking of getting the two bedroom Seaside Deluxe room. The Ocean Front I believe are identical but on the second floor and have a balcony instead of a patio. The patio seems to be have more space than the balcony. Anyone with experience here?

Also second floor might be a little farther from restaurant noise and smells.

@scubadada is there right now, I believe.
Just finished my 15th dive on day 5 of 13, quick lunch before heading back out. It's beautiful here, above and below water:)

This is my second stay at Den Laman, we were here last December, stayed at Sand Dollar 3 times prior, 2004, 5, and 8. My wife and I are in one of the one bedroom condos on the 2nd floor (1st floor in European nomenclature). We are in the middle, South unit, we liked it so much last December, we took it again. We have no personal experience with any of the two bedroom units, @Trailboss123 might. The Seaside Deluxe unit does look very nice with a large patio. It is not being used at the current time and the storm shutters are all closed. It was open in December and we saw a little of it. The main drawback for the unit is that it is on the ground level, potentially accessible from outside. I would imagine that this is not much of a real concern. The other oceanfront 2 bedroom units are in the corners of the 2nd and 3rd floor. I would imagine they are every bit as nice as our one bedroom unit. The large balconies are fantastic, great place to drink a beer at the end of the day. The sunsets are absolutely gorgeous.

Good luck, I don't think you can go wrong. Bari Reef is a fantastic house reef, day and night

upload_2018-8-16_14-27-4.png

We are planning a two week two couple stay at Den Laman this winter and wondering about about room recommendations. We are thinking of getting the two bedroom Seaside Deluxe room. The Ocean Front I believe are identical but on the second floor and have a balcony instead of a patio. The patio seems to be have more space than the balcony. Anyone with experience here?
Yes, I have experience. Persoanlly, I would save some money and go with one of the 2 bedrooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor corners. Can't go wrong with either. As @scubadada mentioned, the 2 bedroom Seaside Deluxe is on the ground floor. It does have a big patio, but it is not at all private and everyone walking past your unit can look right in on you. 2nd and 3rd floor units have wonderful unobstructed views and if you are there with another couple, you have maximum privacy, as the bedrooms are on opposite sides of the condo with the expansive living, dining and kitchen areas separating the bedrooms. We loved it!

Another consideration: There is no elevator- stairs only. So, if that is an issue, probably go with the 2nd floor (or 1st floor from a european perspective). Won't be an issue for your dive gear, as that gets stored in the locker room/drying area.

Just finished my 15th dive on day 5 of 13, quick lunch before heading back out. It's beautiful here, above and below water:)

This is my second stay at Den Laman, we were here last December, stayed at Sand Dollar 3 times prior, 2004, 5, and 8. My wife and I are in one of the one bedroom condos on the 2nd floor (1st floor in European nomenclature). We are in the middle, South unit, we liked it so much last December, we took it again. We have no personal experience with any of the two bedroom units, @Trailboss123 might. The Seaside Deluxe unit does look very nice with a large patio. It is not being used at the current time and the storm shutters are all closed. It was open in December and we saw a little of it. The main drawback for the unit is that it is on the ground level, potentially accessible from outside. I would imagine that this is not much of a real concern. The other oceanfront 2 bedroom units are in the corners of the 2nd and 3rd floor. I would imagine they are every bit as nice as our one bedroom unit. The large balconies are fantastic, great place to drink a beer at the end of the day. The sunsets are absolutely gorgeous.

Good luck, I don't think you can go wrong. Bari Reef is a fantastic house reef, day and night

View attachment 474888
Happy to hear that all is going well!

Thanks for the replies we are booked into the Grouper condo, not sure if that is second or third floor. I stayed at Sand Dollar in 2010when I took my three kids to Bonaire I felt my wife would be happier at Den Laman. Two weeks, pumped for that length as 10days has been our longest ocean destination previously.

Thanks for the replies we are booked into the Grouper condo, not sure if that is second or third floor. I stayed at Sand Dollar in 2010when I took my three kids to Bonaire I felt my wife would be happier at Den Laman. Two weeks, pumped for that length as 10days has been our longest ocean destination previously.
Hi @Sask

The Grouper is on the 2nd floor, South end, next to the one bedroom we are currently enjoying

Have a great trip, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom