Rookie Wreckers first NJ dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueMermaid:
Very calm. That's more like it. I may gather the courage to make another attempt this summer on a calm day, as I have STILL yet to see a Jersey wreck from any other place than the anchor buoy. I think I have made three attempts. (I have apparently blocked out the memories of them).
Not to worry, Brian, I am a very courteous puker. Nobody's gear gets it but mine. If you wave ham sandwiches under my nose, however, your gear is going overboard. Got it?

got it....

Not sure if Wednesday nights are good for you, but at least there is no pressure of having to go out on the boat....if its a nice day and the seas look flat, jump aboard the Dina Dee at 6:30pm for the 1 tank dive....

and as a bonus? If I'm there, I will even offer my services as a buddy (to drag you away from the anchor line)....Got it??

Wed night. I could do that. It would take me about an hour to get there from Princeton, I believe, barring any heinous rush hour traffic. A 1-tank dive. What a brilliant notion. It won't be this week, but perhaps next. How far offshore do you usually go on these Wed nites?

And for the record? I have never even gotten my gear or my tushie wet during my failed attempts. Bloody frustrating, it is. Let's make the 4th time a charm!

SueMermaid:
Wed night. I could do that. It would take me about an hour to get there from Princeton, I believe, barring any heinous rush hour traffic. A 1-tank dive. What a brilliant notion. It won't be this week, but perhaps next. How far offshore do you usually go on these Wed nites?

And for the record? I have never even gotten my gear or my tushie wet during my failed attempts. Bloody frustrating, it is. Let's make the 4th time a charm!

I thought the third time is the charm...oh, nevermind.

The farthest we usually get on a Wednesday night is the Mohawk and that's with a full boat. So far this year, we've hit the Delaware, Cadet and Colleen.

If you give me a heads up, I will try to be there when you go...

Do you want to come out and watch me puke, too? :hyper:

grunzster:
How far out are those wrecks?
What's the price for a one tank dive?

Mohawk is 8 miles, Delaware and Cadet are about 3 miles and I think the Colleen is about 5 miles....Cost is $35.

SueMermaid:
Do you want to come out and watch me puke, too? :hyper:

The more the merrier!

...a little bumpy today on the way out to the Mohawk.....seas were calming down as we started back for the dock (it figures, right!)

wrekdiver2:
Mohawk is 8 miles, Delaware and Cadet are about 3 miles and I think the Colleen is about 5 miles....Cost is $35.
No just looking to get out more and build up my own sea legs.

Hmmm. I may need to get out of work early one of these days and make one of those dives.

I was at the shore today, and it looked more than a "little bumpy", sir.
Nice day to be out and about though. I think I oughta go down there a lot more often.

I'll definitely join you one Wed soon, if the weather cooperates. Not this week, but I will keep my eyes peeled for a weather report for the following week.

SueMermaid:
I was at the shore today, and it looked more than a "little bumpy", sir.
Nice day to be out and about though. I think I oughta go down there a lot more often.

I'll definitely join you one Wed soon, if the weather cooperates. Not this week, but I will keep my eyes peeled for a weather report for the following week.

inshore it was really calm....the farther offshore the worse it got...the horizon looked like saw teeth...

where we went, it was bumpy (2'-4)...if we had gone any further offshore, I would definitely have had to upgrade it to snotty...

Back
Top Bottom